Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Chevrolet SSR Indianapolis 500 Parade truck! This 2005 Indianapolis parade truck is #35, and is finished in Slingshot Yellow over Ebony leather. It is powered by a 6.0-liter LS2 V8 factory rated at 390 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque paired with a 4 speed automatic transmission. Equipment includes a 3.73:1 locking differential, a power-retractable hardtop that operates perfectly, a carpeted cargo bed with matching yellow trim, integrated running boards, and staggered-diameter chrome-plated wheels. After being used for the Indianapolis 500, the SSR spent time with a GM employee in Wisconsin, then to Arizona prior to its acquisition by its current owner. This SSR shows just over 34,700 miles and is offered with a clean Florida title.

The interior features Ebony leather upholstery, heated and power-adjustable memory seats, Bose Premium stereo with in-dash six-disc CD changer, center console auxiliary gauges, leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel, 140-mph speedometer and a 7k-rpm tachometer. Additional features include Muth signal mirrors and a Corvette quick shift transmission update. The SSR has had a recent synthetic oil change within the last 200 miles, and comes with new Pirelli front tires. The rear Pirelli tires have roughly 50% of tread remaining.

This official Indianapolis 500 SSR has the unique identification number 35 etched into the rear license bracket. The VIN is documented as an official Indianapolis 500 Parade Truck. The 2005 Indianapolis 500 Parade Driver for this SSR was Nadine Givens, from sponsor Bank One. Although not confirmed, the Race Driver of this truck was believed to be Buddy Rice. Extra's include the original 2005 Indianapolis Race Day ticket, Indy 500 hat, Soft Saddle bags, and Indy reunion ticket. Paint work is original with the exception of the rear bumper cover, which has been repainted (shows up in CARFAX) due to a scrape in a parking lot according to previous owner.

ONLY selling because I purchased a 2006 SSR FPR. I looked for over a year before purchasing this from a fellow SSR Fanatics member. $27,900 or best offer. Excellent condition - drive anywhere. Phone or Text: 352-223-2932.

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,477 Posts
Looks like a great opportunity to own a well cared for unique SSR.
Good luck with the sale.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,373 Posts
2005 Chevrolet SSR Indianapolis 500 Parade truck! This 2005 Indianapolis parade truck is #35, and is finished in Slingshot Yellow over Ebony leather. It is powered by a 6.0-liter LS2 V8 factory rated at 390 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque paired with a 4 speed automatic transmission. Equipment includes a 3.73:1 locking differential, a power-retractable hardtop that operates perfectly, a carpeted cargo bed with matching yellow trim (only found on the Indy 500 SSR's), integrated running boards, and staggered-diameter chrome-plated wheels. After being used for the Indianapolis 500, the SSR spent time with a GM employee in Wisconsin, then to Arizona prior to its acquisition by its current owner. This SSR shows just over 34,700 miles and is offered with a clean Florida title.

The interior features Ebony leather upholstery, heated and power-adjustable memory seats, Bose Premium stereo with in-dash six-disc CD changer, center console auxiliary gauges, leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel, 140-mph speedometer and a 7k-rpm tachometer. Additional features include Muth signal mirrors and a Corvette quick shift transmission update. The SSR has had a recent synthetic oil change within the last 200 miles, and comes with new Pirelli front tires. The rear Pirelli tires have roughly 50% of tread remaining.

This official Indianapolis 500 SSR has the unique identification number 35 etched into the rear license bracket. The VIN is documented as an official Indianapolis 500 Parade Truck. The 2005 Indianapolis 500 Parade Driver for this SSR was Nadine Givens, from sponsor Bank One. Although not confirmed, the Race Driver of this truck was believed to be Buddy Rice. Extra's include the original 2005 Indianapolis Race Day ticket, Indy 500 hat, Soft Saddle bags, and Indy reunion ticket. Paint work is original with the exception of the rear bumper cover, which has been repainted (shows up in CARFAX) due to a scrape in a parking lot according to previous owner.

ONLY selling because I purchased a 2006 SSR FPR. I looked for over a year before purchasing this from a fellow SSR Fanatics member. Excellent condition - drive anywhere. 352-223-2932.

View attachment 598361

View attachment 598362

View attachment 598363

View attachment 598364

View attachment 598365

View attachment 598366
Good luck on your sale!

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the kind remarks. It will make someone a great SSR. The wife says I don't need 2!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,839 Posts
Nice ride indeed! It would be nice to see a rear shot of your SSR with the tailgate in full view too.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,743 Posts
Congratulations! I hope it has created another Fanatic! Good thing you still have that great looking 2 tone! being SSRLess is no fun at all!

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I believe he will be a great addition to the group. Plus, he is a great guy and a veteran as well (like me). It is going to North Carolina.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.