Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I just don't get it... How can someone have a vehicle like this for 14 years and only drive it 2200 miles. That would drive me nuts. I guess the joy of ownership of a garage queen is enough for some people but I couldn't do it.
That said, this is a beautiful truck and someone will definitely get a nice ride.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,689 Posts
I just don't get it... How can someone have a vehicle like this for 14 years and only drive it 2200 miles. That would drive me nuts. I guess the joy of ownership of a garage queen is enough for some people but I couldn't do it.
That said, this is a beautiful truck and someone will definitely get a nice ride.
I agree. I could not have something that was designed to drive and not drive it. The closest I came to that was my '99 Yukon that only had 67000+ miles on it when it was totaled in 2015. My thought then was "what a waste" but I had just brought Del home and needed a place to park it. I wish it had been the 2000 Envoy that was totaled (100K miles) so I would still have a 4X4 but things do not always work the way we want.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy SSR BOS Indy parade truck
77 Posts
I see it's been over 2 weeks since last post and no mention of being sold, so I'm assuming it's still available. Where in the country is truck located? Thanks.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,689 Posts
I see it's been over 2 weeks since last post and no mention of being sold, so I'm assuming it's still available. Where in the country is truck located? Thanks.
@Mr. Bill but you stand a better chance of an answer if you send him a Conversation.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,695 Posts
I would be afraid to buy such a low mile vehicle. Vehicles don't do well sitting for 14 years, they need to be driven to keep seals, hoses, belts etc in serviceable condition. Electrical connectors oxidize from sitting and are potential intermittent nightmares.
A colleague of mine bought a beautiful BMW 635 csi with 1800 mi on the clock. It took him four years to sort out all the leaks and electrical issues due to sitting.
This may need more TLC soon then one with 22000 mi.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I can't understand it, but I do believe it, had an uncle who came into some money back in the late 60s, bought a lincoln continental and small two seat mercedes convertable - for 40 years until his death, he would back them out each week, wash and wax then pull them back into the garage, where they would sit until the following week. Twice a year had the oil changed, new tires every five years, change all the fluids at two years and so on. Also had a 1961 volkswagen bug that was their daily car. The only time the Lincoln was driven - by his wife to the grocery store once a week. At his death the Lincoln had less than 5k miles, and the Mercedes had less than, are you ready for this, 1k miles! Unfortunately, my cousin sold both to a neighbor after their death before I could get ahold of her - this after I put in my claim everytime I would see the ole coot...like I said, I do not understand...

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,689 Posts
I can't understand it, but I do believe it, had an uncle who came into some money back in the late 60s, bought a lincoln continental and small two seat mercedes convertable - for 40 years until his death, he would back them out each week, wash and wax then pull them back into the garage, where they would sit until the following week. Twice a year had the oil changed, new tires every five years, change all the fluids at two years and so on. Also had a 1961 volkswagen bug that was their daily car. The only time the Lincoln was driven - by his wife to the grocery store once a week. At his death the Lincoln had less than 5k miles, and the Mercedes had less than, are you ready for this, 1k miles! Unfortunately, my cousin sold both to a neighbor after their death before I could get ahold of her - this after I put in my claim everytime I would see the ole coot...like I said, I do not understand...
Next time you claim something you will get the promise in writing, Right?:)
I am sure you had little control over that disposition.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Uncle was 97 when he died, mind was clear, body gave out, unfortunately, his only surviving daughter (my cousin) suffered from mental health problems most of her adult life and was never quite right. I am sure uncle told her the disposition but instead of a great buy on a couple of beauties, she sent me a bronze water meter cap, made into some kind of a trophy display - never have figured that out, apparently was in his will, she also sent one to my brother - whole thing quite comical if not so serious...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.