Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rodney, Ronjli Site Name, called me with a roof problem on his Silver 05, "Timed Out" on CID.

Rod lives in Orlando, so, I set up a meeting on Saturday at Lonnie's Garage, Sinister Kustoms in Plant City and we started with the process of elimination along with my Manual.

Took us quite a while, like 3 hours, until Lonnie discovered that the Relay at the motor was bad, thanks to the schematic and the Manual.

Changed the relay, 12volt and NO Lonnie could not get inside the Roof compartment. No one else could either. Used mirror and stools with back breaking reach.

Rodney left with a "Permagrin" top down!!

Dicktator

1. Rodney watching as Lonnie test Relay
2. Lonnie, Rodney and Dicktator (I held the light)
3. Lonnie holding bad relay and Rodney pointing it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Good Job

:blue:We are still interested in Mikes replacement fan and the steel radiater suport. Weordered a long time ago. We are comming up the week between Christmas and New Years Kathy & Jim PS we have 77000 mi on our original fan.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,868 Posts
there is an access hole to the pump motor, But, you have to remove the passenger seat to get to it.....

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is an access hole to the pump motor, But, you have to remove the passenger seat to get to it.....
Thanks, didn't know that. The relays are reachable in the roof compatment.

Wouldn't want to remove seat unless changing pump assembly.

Dicktator

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everyone... Just thought I'd put in my two cents and thank Dicktator and Lonnie for working thru this problem. It was a great day and a great ending to a day with a roof down ride back to Orlando. Good news if anyone has any questions about how to vet this roof down manually I bet I could help out. I think I must have done that now at least 15 times by now.... Thanks again guys for all the help! Looking forward to the Daytona track run!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts