Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...
Just picked up my SSR last Friday and new to the family. It's GRRRRRREAT so far.
People sure can't stop look'n. I do have some questions though ? It goes back to the dealer tomorrow cause I've found a problem or two. First one was the underhood insulation was ripped about 2 feet long cause it looks like someone didn't know how to properly put the hood stand in place and it slipped (not me). The second issue is I've noticed the top of the hood has about an inch long scuff mark on the top near the passenger side window. Looks like something is happening when the hood goes up and down ? Anyone else had a "scuffing" issue ?

Oops ... one more. Is anyone else's rear suspension "clicking" from time to time ? Going from forward and reverse and turning at slow speeds ?

Let me know if it's just me
Tanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Chris-in-Cali said:
Hey guys ...
Just picked up my SSR last Friday and new to the family. It's GRRRRRREAT so far.
People sure can't stop look'n. I do have some questions though ? It goes back to the dealer tomorrow cause I've found a problem or two. First one was the underhood insulation was ripped about 2 feet long cause it looks like someone didn't know how to properly put the hood stand in place and it slipped (not me). The second issue is I've noticed the top of the hood has about an inch long scuff mark on the top near the passenger side window. Looks like something is happening when the hood goes up and down ? Anyone else had a "scuffing" issue ?

Oops ... one more. Is anyone else's rear suspension "clicking" from time to time ? Going from forward and reverse and turning at slow speeds ?

Let me know if it's just me
Tanks
Chris
All those are new ones to me. Might want to use the Search facility and check to see if there's any applicable threads. Welcome aboard!! We don't know how long the smile lasts, yet.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
The "clicking" might be the drive shaft. When I put my SSR into reverse from park I'll get a tinny "tink" noise. I also get that noise when taking off from a stop or accel/decel the truck and it will do that too.

There's a new drive shaft in the works for the 03/04 SSRs to "solve" the drive shaft noise. I hope they release it soon, because my drive shaft is getting really noisy.

Congrats on the SSR purchase!

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Tink noises

HI Chris,

Welcome aboard! I think you will find out that this is a great forum to hear and discuss many issues with other SSR owners. The issue of "tink" or tinging noises has been around for a long while now. Check into one of the threads on here that deals with that problem. It seems to be only a customer perception issue rather than any real problem. However, I know the feeling that you get when you hear that noise a lot. I cringe when I hear that noise :( I am waiting for my new driveshaft myself.

Your other problems hopefully should be taken care of by the dealer... best of luck in your new SSR!!

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The tear in the hood blanket means that someone has shut the hood with the prop rod engaged. You need a new prop rod in addition to a new hood blanket. Whoever bent the prop rod has straightened it out, but since it is bent to start with it is difficult to tell that it has had some manual rework unless you compare it to a new one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roof scuff

check out the inside wiring harness on the roof lowering mechanics. There is a hard plastic wrap that pops off the wiring and rubs on the side of the roof. My dealer put cable wrap twisties on the harness and those are working good. The dealer was also able to buff out the scratches.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Torn/chaffed hood blanket

I noticed that my hood blanket was tearing / chaffing around the area of the hood prop slot. Also. a couple scratches on the paint around the slot., but not enough to cause the damage I'm seeing ( 2"-3"). I thought perhaps due to a lot of freeway / interstate driving, wind may be buffeting the blanket in this area? Note lack of a blanket retainer pin in this area. Anyway the dealer here in Russellville, AR. ordered me a new blanket. I also noticed that the 05's have a few extra pieces of support and foam around the intake. Wonder how functional this is? Looks simple to adapt to 03/04's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts