Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
On 9/16/05 at approximately 4:30 PM my Black SSR was stolen off the street in W. Los Angeles!(Purdue just north of Olympic)...................My license plate is "TALLNLA" - my truck is fully customized - purple flames on hood/sides, louvered hood and tailgate, dual spotlights, upholstered tonneau, Budnik wheels, full length Lakes Pipes, purple/teal pin stipeing, etc.............PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR SAME - IF YOU SPOT IT CALL ME AT: 310-995-8725(any time day or nite) and / or The West L. A. Police at: 310-444-0701 (case 05-08) Thanks for any help you can give me Sincerely Jeff a/k/a Tallnla

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Oh Man! That's awful!! How were they able to move the vehicle with the ignition defeating security features on later model vehicles?? Was it towed??

Man, I'm sorry that happened to your ride. Amazing that with all the unique features of your SSR that anyone would attempt a theft. Hopefully, with luck on your side it will rapidly be recovered intact.

Keep us posted - - we're with you.

Blast

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Sorry to hear that, hope you get her back soon. That is why I had the advanced Lojack installed in mine. It will call up to four numbers you have on file and your computer, if the remote is is not wlthin 30 ft of the truck if moved or started.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Man I feel your pain and I hope it isn't over the border yet! Sounds like one beautiful SSR.......

I have lojack which will only tell me that it has been stolen. I do not think anything can prevent a car from being stolen if they really want it.

Rick

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
LA is a pretty big area.

Wish you the best of luck relocating your SSR.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Ssr Awol

Imet you during the Irwindale event. That really sucks. I'll keep my eyes open down here in HB. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I can not begin to describe the agony that would send me through!!! someone has to have seen such a visual masterpiece! Have you tried your local news media? :mad

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That would break my heart! Sounds like a beautiful, one of a kind with spotlights, SSR tooo........... It will be parts or left the country by now. They would be a sitting duck to drive it anywhere in the USA. I hope I'm wrong and you get yours back in prime shape.

Steve

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ya got that right...

Take my ford or my dog ... not my SSR, thats worse than Rape... it will be dirty if you do get it back.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Lojack uses a transmitter hidden in the vehicle. After the transmitter is remotely activated, Police can track it down using radio direction finding equipment.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
What can I say

Hey Jeff

Sorry to hear about your baby we will keep our eyes open out hear in Riverside Co. :thumbs

I will also tell everyone on our Mystery Run tomorrow to keep an eye out we will be covering some territory. :yesnod

Tony

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Bummer....

Sorry to hear about you ride, hope you find it soon...

RickSSR :cool

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Worst Nightmare!!

This would be my worst nightmare!!!And I am sure it is yours!
It makes you wonder with all the updates to your ride-sounds to me like someone has been staulking you for a while. Here in MI theifs don't often take a vehicle that has been personlaized for fear of being spoted to easily. Hoping that you get her back safe and sound!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
No Way!

Jeff...Any news? I can't beleive that. Seems like just yesterday we were all out in Corona admiring all the work you have done. Since you mentioned contacting the West LA police, I guess the police report has been filled and they checked the towing yards?

A few months ago I drove my Avalanche to Hollywood and came out after a movie and it was gone. I was going crazy when the police came and were writing up the report they had a call that it was impounded. I have no idea how they got it on a tow truck but they did and said it was parked in a red zone. The only thing in the red zone was my winch sticking out a little bit. But anyway, the good thing is I got it back the next day. I really hope you here some good news.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
TALLNLA said:
On 9/16/05 at approximately 4:30 PM my Black SSR was stolen off the street in W. Los Angeles!(Purdue just north of Olympic)...................My license plate is "TALLNLA" - my truck is fully customized - purple flames on hood/sides, louvered hood and tailgate, dual spotlights, upholstered tonneau, Budnik wheels, full length Lakes Pipes, purple/teal pin stipeing, etc.............PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR SAME - IF YOU SPOT IT CALL ME AT: 310-995-8725(any time day or nite) and / or The West L. A. Police at: 310-444-0701 (case 05-08) Thanks for any help you can give me Sincerely Jeff a/k/a Tallnla
wow! that's terrible, I use to live in that neighborhood! it's a wonder it didn't get stolen, that's a pretty high crime area!
sorry!!

GR

·
Registered
579 Posts
So Very Sorry

Tallnla (Jeff),

I am so very sorry to hear about your SSR. I do hope that you get it back and that the people who stole it are caught and prosecuted. I will keep an eye out for it in my travels. I routinely travel from Victorville to LA so I cover a lot of territory.

Take Care!

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 20 of 30 Posts