Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just happened on Thursday.

One of the ladies that works for me told me one day - "You say some of the most absurd things and get away with it". I thought of her after this incident.

I had been on work travel all week - left on Sunday, and got home Wed nite at midnite. So a "lot" tired on Thursday.

Took the R out of the garage and drove down to the post office to check mail.

As I'm walking up to the door, a woman comes out and jumps my ass - "I wish there was a cop around to give you a ticket. You almost hit that man!"

I'm clueless of what the hell she's talking about.

She goes on some more - yada yada (didn't catch it) - "I don't know why there's not cops around when you need them - you saw that guy and you didn't even slow down when you came around that turn, and barely missed him."

Now I'm a little miffed - " What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about - you and your little white car almost hit that guy in the crosswalk when you made the turn to come into the post office"

- My absurd comment- I just look at her and said - "You must be divorced"

Her mouth started opening and closing like a big mouth bass -

I then said - "That BIG Blue over Black vehicle (and pointed at my R) is my vehicle, not some little white car"

She looked over at the R (mouth still working without saying anything), then at me, didn't say another word - and walked off.

I shouldn't have said it, but I was tired, and don't like having my butt jumped anytime - but especially not by someone I don't know, and when I'm not at fault. But on the way home I thought about my employee who remarked about my absurd comments.

I will have to relay this to her on Monday - so she can really think I'm crazy...

hope everyone is having a good weekend.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably right. still shaking my head over it. Have never come across something like that before.

Shouldn't have pointed at my R - since she probably won't forget it... sigh

·
Registered
28,760 Posts
You are probably right. still shaking my head over it. Have never come across something like that before.

Shouldn't have pointed at my R - since she probably won't forget it... sigh
Years ago we had a state hospital here in town and you could easily bump into a “Frederickson” type of guy at the local market and that person yelling non-stop.

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,420 Posts
One of my biggest flaws is that I could never come back with a great remark after such a verbal assault. I would have walked away and minutes later I think dang I should have said........

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would never have thought of saying that but I'll try hard to use it in similar situations. That's a classic retort to stupidity.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not that it's a smart retort - but it just popped in my head that anyone who is happily married would never jump on somebody would jump on somebody like that -- but I could be wrong... or I would like to see the hen pecked "yes dear" husband that goes with her. But then again, I didn't see her climb onto her broom...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts