Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
364 Posts
Yep, walk by mine every day going out of the kitchen & through the garage and have similar thoughts, mostly when it isn't under the cover! I think these trucks are a beautiful, one of a kind design & am glad GM pulled the trigger on manufacture. Shame it was only four years, but that gives them an air of exclusivity.
Tuckerred1948

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Purchased mine in 2003 and still love it !!

Reactions: Lonebone and DrDJ

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,322 Posts
How could you not? The Coolest Little Truck ever made in my book!
Convertible, American Muscle V-8 and all the Right Curves! 😉😁🇺🇸

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,353 Posts
Did you ever just sit and look at it and say
"Damn I'm glad I bought this !" View attachment 581103
All the time. That is why I bought a spare. It is a bit older but the other guy did not drive it much so I will have at least one for the rest of my life I hope.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The complimentary comments you get and the WOW factor are the icing on the cake to go with that permagrin when that 6.0 l roars into life. I,ve had some head turners with hearses and police vehicles but this takes the biscuit ,more so as people do not know what the hell it is, especially over here where there are so few.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
One of the tings I like about them is when you drive them you don't get the stories from people. With other unique or old vehicles I always got the stories about how they or someone else had one just like it and then the stories.

With the SSR it is usually questions and then they move on with out the stories. I don't mind talking cars with people but the stories from people who are probably not the ones who made them up, but just passing them along got tiring to me. Like the it has 9 coats of laquer paint with 3 coats of clear and it was hand rubbed between each coat. Uh NO it was not.
Or it would pull the wheels in second gear on street tires back in 1965 Again NO the tires weren't that good. Or it would smoke the tires while going 60 on the highway if you punched it. Sorry not believing that one either.

They are unique, they are fun to drive and mine makes me happy when I drive it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have been asked if it was a custom PT cruiser and if it was part of the HHR truck line up. I think people just think Retro and include the PT Cruiser, HHR and SSR in the same group.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,426 Posts
Yeeep, I still open the door to the garage to take a peek. It's like this truck was built for me. I wanted a truck that I could also race. Not only did I find that, it's looks remind me of the 1950's Chevy 3100 pickup that my Grandpa had for a farm truck. And as a double-bonus, IT'S A CONVERTIBLE!. Ilsa and I are a match made in - well - Lansing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts