Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to my brothers new log cabin to install a new garage door opener and front door lock. Left the driveway and all was well. About a mile up the road there evidently developed (overnight) a 6" deep by 2' odd shaped pot hole. With traffic coming from the other direction, a very soft muddy shoulder on the right, and not enough time to brake or miss the hole BAAAMM. What a jolt that was. Bout shook my teeth out (AND MINE ARE REAL). Well, I kept driving towards my brothers and the truck seemed fine. Got there and checked the tire, which still was aired up, so I thought, ahh it's fine.
My brother and I headed for the local home repair supply store for what we needed for the day. When we returned we noticed the SSR had a flat tire (son of a ...........) :cuss .
I pulled out the air compressor from the garage to air it up, and what did I hear, but a SSSSSSSSSSS from the tire. I looked at the rim it was ok, started checking the tire and, wow! a silver dollar sized bulge in the side wall and a slice in the side wall also.
Pulled the SSR into the garage where it was warmer and removed the tire. Called up my dealer and told them I had a road hazard tire for them to replace. They were ready to send out a wrecker to bring in my baby, but I told them I already had the tire off.
Took the tire out to the dealer for them to look at and they said they would order a new tire and should have it tomarrow. Told them that there were others having the same type of problem with tires going flat with hitting a bump and that the Tire rack had that tire for less than anyone else. They told me they would have it coming, and call me when it was balanced and ready.
Don't know the damages ($$$) yet, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt.

·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not likely.
The reason we were changing his front door lock was that He had gotten locked out last night because his keys wouldn't open the locks.
All brand new locks. Even the lock smith couldn't get in. Had to cut open the hardened casing and drill out the screws to get us in. New lock to match what he had $112.00 plus the $73 for the lock smith that couldn't get us in with out destroying the lock.

What a day :banghead

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Do you know that the City or County could be held responcible for your repairs? It would be well worth checking out. Talk to your Ward or Alderman.

Little birdie told me.

·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought about that too. I'll have to do some digging to find out who to call.

BTW, found out they filled the hole this afternoon. A little late for my tire though.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Call the pot hole in!

FUZZY said:
Thought about that too. I'll have to do some digging to find out who to call.
BTW, found out they filled the hole this afternoon. A little late for my tire though.
Hey Fuzzy,

Call your local government agency and tell them that their pot hole damaged your tire. If anyone else called that pot hole in you will be in luck. Usually they won't pay for any damages unless someone else has already called it in.

Good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
I’ve had a bad past couple of weeks.

On Saturday, January 29th, a co worker offered to come over after work, and fix a virus on my home PC. We arrived at my condo around 6:30PM. I parked in my assigned covered space, and he parked in the empty one on my right.

After fixing the PC, we had a few drinks, watched TV, and he went home at 10:30 PM.

The next day I went down to my truck at about 12:30PM to go to the grocery store. I thought, hmmmm, Robert had a few last night, I’d better check the right side to see if he put a door ding in it. Everything was fine, and as I walked back around behind it, I happened to glance down at the bumper. I swear I heard the music from Psycho!!!

Someone had backed into my bumper!

I looked at the cars that park across from me and sure enough, there was a dark gray Jetta that was purchased at our dealership, with yellow paint on it. I left them a note with my home # on it, asking them to call me.

Later that afternoon the husband called, and I met him in the parking lot. He asked me if I worked at XYZ dealership? I told him yes, and asked him how he knew? He said his brother in law worked here in another building, and told me his name. We exchanged insurance info and left it at that.

The next morning when I was leaving for work, there was a NASTY letter on my windshield from them accusing me of backing into their car, along with a mind boggling bunch of other B.S. on it. They threatened SEVERAL times that if I called their insurance company they were going to take legal action!

I spoke with a friend of mine, and he said since it happened in a parking lot, and there were no witness’s, that more than likely I’d just have to let my insurance pay for my car, and their insurance pay for their car. That seemed like the general jist of their letter, once you got past all the nastiness, so I wanted to call them and be sure that’s what they wanted.

There were no #’s on the letter to call them, so I called her brother, and he didn’t know where his brother in law worked, (said he changes jobs all the time), but he told me the name of the title company where his sister worked. It was the name of the same title that did the paper work on my condo last year, and it’s right across the street, so I tried that location first.

Sure enough that was where she worked, and when she came to the phone she immediately began screaming, over, and over, “HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER!? HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER!? HOW DID YOU GET THIS NIMBER!?

I didn’t want to get her brother in trouble so I didn’t say. I was just trying to get this crazy broad to shut her mouth long enough to tell me that the letter meant what I thought it meant. She finally said yes, and I thought that was the end of it.

Later in the day, my boss said, “Man, who is this crazy *%#@, that keeps calling and screaming, she wants to talk to the owner, and she’s going to sue?”

Turns out she was trying to say I’d looked her work number in our computer at work, and that was a violation of the privacy act. She even got her brother to say I’d talked to him an hour and a half, AFTER I’d called her! (How does THAT make sense?)

I got called up to the owner’s son’s office and screamed, cussed, and yelled at. (All this while the Christian music is being piped over the PA system.) I felt I was very close to being fired, after 5 ½ years, and making the company MILLIONS of dollars, over a crazy *%#@ who bought ONE $15,000.00 car here, at BELOW invoice.

ALL THIS because someone backed into MY car! :mad

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sounds like violence is called for Sam...

Let someone try that crap..I will spend $100K to get one over on them if I have to....

IDIOTS!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Getting the short end

I would write down everything that happened with dates and time so that you don't forget. Keep their note and make copies. I would even consider making a police report about the accident.

Those people seem like a wild animal backed into a corner....I would do everything possible to cover myself, because there is no telling what they might try to do.

S

·
0 Posts
Someone else said "They Sound GUILTY". I agree! :rolleyes:
I've already paid the $556.00 to get my SSR repaired. They haven't done a thing to theirs. They strike me as the type that either DON'T have the deductible to get their car fixed, or would cash the insurance check, and KEEP the money.
He seems fairly normal, SHE'S the LOONY %$*#! :willy:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
I would write down everything that happened with dates and time so that you don't forget. Keep their note and make copies. I would even consider making a police report about the accident.

Those people seem like a wild animal backed into a corner....I would do everything possible to cover myself, because there is no telling what they might try to do.
Seems to be the type who think a good offence is the best defence.

Definatly, make the report, make it as full and complete as possible. There's not much the cops can do, but it could help the next guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts