Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Had a great time in Jenks today with about 10 to 15 R's from the Okc and Tulsa area. Even David and Danny made the trip down from Missouri to meet up with us. Quite a few mentioned they are planning on attending the tech event on May 8th. I have space for 4 to 5 trucks in the shop at a time and plenty of parking for a few dozen more. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a great time in Jenks today with about 10 to 15 R's from the Okc and Tulsa area. Even David and Danny made the trip down from Missouri to meet up with us. Quite a few mentioned they are planning on attending the tech event on May 8th. I have space for 4 to 5 trucks in the shop at a time and plenty of parking for a few dozen more. Looking forward to it.
Great to hear. Just finished the Tech-day in Winnie... So a praticed up. See May 8.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had a great time yesterday and looking forward to seeing you again May 8th. Believe my wife and I were behind you in the lunch line. My count was 14 truck's (one parked opposite side and not in picture) for the BBQ get together yesterday.

Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Props need to go to John for getting things organized for yesterday's get together. 👏

May 8th will be here before we know it. 👍

Jim

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
As a follow up to Frank's reminder on the May 8 tech event in Purcell, Oklahoma. We would like to see a good turn out for a day of food, fun and fellowship. Not to mention the work that we hope to get done. This will be our first event of this type, and we want to make it a success. Doug and Carol Hope have graciously agreed will be our hosts, and we will meet at their place on Saturday for great day of activity. We plan to get started at or around 9:00 AM. Their address is as follows:

1030 Carl Stokes
Purcell, OK 73080 (North side of town)
(You GPS should take you right to their place)

There are hotel arrangements made at the Holiday Inn express in Purcell for anyone that is planning to come in the night before. Special rates are under 'SSR Group'. Purcell has some good places to eat, and Norman, OK is only about 20 minutes away, if you want to check out what they have to offer. Looking forward to a productive and informative time.

Travel safe,

John

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
The shop is cleared out and ready to stuff with R's, should be able to get anywhere from four to six at a time in the 40 by 60 shop which has four overhead doors. Just put in a bathroom out there also that will add convenience. Larry asked yesterday about workbench space he will need, there is a large metal workbench about 4 by 8 feet. Air compressor, jack stands, small jacks and ramps are also available. Most importantly is the mechanical experience that is slated to show up, looks like a good opportunity to learn something. Bring your folding lawn chairs and sit out under a shade tree and enjoy a great day.

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like we will have enough for a football game... :oops:

It will be fun to work with the SSR Family of the Sooner state. We'll see if Okie BBQ is a good as Texas BBQ.

You still have time to put in your plans.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Well we had a great turnout today for the tech event held at our place in Purcell today. Had enough work to fill the day and got a lot of smiles and talking done. Thanks to John and Frank for helping to round up all the people. A lot of good help came in from Texas to wrench on the R's. I'm open to future events if it works out, thanks everyone for making it a great day. Realized too late that I forgot to take a single picture, dang, blame it on getting old!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.