Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That people buy a vehicle and worry so much about the resale of it? Is it they bought something they really could not afford and hope to get there money back out of?

Or is this a bussiness man who is worried about every dime they have so when they are dead someone else can enjoy there hard work?

I keep reading on here about the SSR value is down...SO WHAT? I bought mine to enjoy and drive and If i get the use of my truck I do not care if it drops to nothing... The open air cockpit, the styling of the truck with the old/new look has out weighed any decrease in price there can be. I would not mind if they stopped making them all together after another 2 years...

Sorry for the rant but people are beating the value of this vehicle to death... :rant :rant :cuss :cuss :banghead

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nicely said, I too am just a little tired of reading about the value of my truck. I love this truck for what it is, a fun truck with great style. Can we just put the value issue to rest!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Well Said !

:agree :agree :agree

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
Ditto for me :agree :agree :agree

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, drive em & count yourself lucky you can afford one. :flag :flag :flag

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I agree

I've had ,mine for a little over a year, and I've already gotten my moneys worth out of the SSR. From here on it's pure gravy. When I read the title for this post, I thought "Here we go again" but after I read it, the thought was well worth stating.

S

·
0 Posts
For people like myself, who like to trade cars often, and don't have a ton of money, resale is VERY important! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Likewise - really tired of reading posts about value. I love my truck, and I don't need to see a constant stream of posts analyzing how and why I'm supposedly shredding my money. As far as holding value for frequent vehicle changes - don't know of any really cool car or truck that hasn't suffered the same fate. If you want to be first in line, like a lot of us did, you pay more than someone willing to wait 18 months. It happened to the Miata, the T-Bird, the PT Cruiser, Lightning, and very notably, the first generation Acura NSX.

EBay just had a Bullitt special edition Mustang that had bidding stop at $11000 - that was supposed to be a collectors dream car.

It's also not new - I remember 1978 when people were paying stupid money for the black/silver Indy Pace Car Corvette - that investment went right down the sewer, and according to a buddy who still has one he hasn't driven more than a few miles a year, still hasn't recovered to original selling price 25 years later.

If someone is concerned about resale value, why not wait and purchase a stream of 18 month old vehicles - you still get the pleasure of owning nice vehicles without the pain of the initial loss.

:yawn

Ray

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sam Fowler said:
For people like myself, who like to trade cars often, and don't have a ton of money, resale is VERY important! :thumbs

Have you ever thought of leasing the vehicle then? 2 years and dump it for something else?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Boosted said:
That people buy a vehicle and worry so much about the resale of it? Is it they bought something they really could not afford and hope to get there money back out of?

Or is this a bussiness man who is worried about every dime they have so when they are dead someone else can enjoy there hard work?

I keep reading on here about the SSR value is down...SO WHAT? I bought mine to enjoy and drive and If i get the use of my truck I do not care if it drops to nothing... The open air cockpit, the styling of the truck with the old/new look has out weighed any decrease in price there can be. I would not mind if they stopped making them all together after another 2 years...

Sorry for the rant but people are beating the value of this vehicle to death... :rant :rant :cuss :cuss :banghead

:agree Ditto :agree Ditto :agree Ditto

·
Registered
601 Posts
I agree. We bought ours because it was different. We paid the higher price because we were under the impression that it will not be out that long and we wnated it. I Love my SSR. I love the fact that we haven't driven the truck in two monts and we still get those look at that cool truck looks. I love it. :)

Let be happy that you will never see two in the same place at the same time. And you will stand out.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
AMEN!!!! Love this truck more than any possession I have or ever will have. My life's dream car came true. How does one put a value on that? Priceless....Ed-:)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again I apoligize for this post..i know it is nothing of any Importance and i will try and control myself better next time. Well it is 74 degrees here and sunny so i am off to ride some with the top down...

Yall have a great day..

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
No need to apologize, Boosted - youve got about a 95% approval rate - politicians would be in heaven.

Ray

·
Registered
369 Posts
No need to apologize...

Boosted,
There is no need to apologize. I'v been in the car business for too many years. For those of you who don't know it, the automobile is a depreciating asset. (Key word, DEPRECIATING). If you want a sure bet, buy real property, or soy beans, but give it a break on the value of cars. I see it every day that I'm at work.
We have one of the best little trucks that Mother Motors has ever made, (sure it has some growing pains), but like a good wine, these too will get better with age.
By the way, keep up the rants Boosted, its good for the blood pressure.
Mike :cool

1 - 20 of 38 Posts