Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SSR has some fairly good Bose speakers in it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get satellite radio set up in these vehicles? I’m sure someone has figured it out. If you would be willing to share the information, I would appreciate it.:smile2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Their was a thread on this site that mentioned a unit that would interface with the original Bose head unit. I am sure someone can reference that for you.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
What you are looking for is the SIRIUS SIR-GM1 unit that comes with the plug in for gm, sirius adapter and antenna.

Your radio has to have the "Band" changing button on the lower left hand side of the radio.

You do have to remove the dash front cover and the radio and find a place to mount the adapter (under the radio box) is where I put it a little velcro and zip ties for security.

It takes a little work but when you are done there is no evidence of the change except when the band button is pushed SR1 and SR2 are now in rotation with AM and FM.

I mounted the antenna under the dash on the metal frame at the center (mounted with built in magnetic mount on the provided antenna.

Good luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Best way is to replace the factory head unit with a aftermarket unit......will have all the"options" Bluetooth, sat radio access. USB port(s) for IPods, ect..., internet music services, etc....and will sound a lot better.......
I was surprised how well the Bose speaker systems sounds with the Kenwood unit I installed in my 05. Was pretty easy...hardest part was getting the passenger side air bag cover off...the rest was a breeze. Purchased through Crutchfield and they supplied the correct adapter(s) to interface with the speaker system and the controls on the steering wheel.
Only thing I noticed was purchase the one that has the brightest screen. Some (like the one I bought) is hard to see in the daytime......put out a few more bucks the a bright screen.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts