Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Im going to. I will buy a rim and tire to fit the fronts and im sure it will work in the back in a pinch. Im really not liking the idea of not having a spare with our midwestern pavement holes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I think Im going to. I will buy a rim and tire to fit the fronts and im sure it will work in the back in a pinch. Im really not liking the idea of not having a spare with our midwestern pavement holes.
You'll need a jack and lug wrench, too. You gonna carry all that in the cargo bed?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
Bought one each 19" and 20" rim and tire as spares. Have used the 20" twice for flats. Fortunately the flats were at home, and I called 1800-come-and-change-it in lieu of being towed by Roadside Service.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I figured these tires would be prone to flats. Im going to purchase a 19" wheel and tire a Trailblazer jack yadda yadda.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donnysan said:
You'll need a jack and lug wrench, too. You gonna carry all that in the cargo bed?
This truck will never haul anything but my a$$ so I might as well put something in that big well :flag

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spare Tire

Something else to remember is that putting a 19 " wheel on the back could cause a problem with the rear anti lock brakes and would also be hard on the posi traction differential if the truck were driven any distance.
:ssr

·
Registered
213 Posts
In an emergency, a 19" spare seems a great idea. Like other sizes, does anyone make a skinny spare in the 19" size?

·
Premium Member
31,646 Posts
It would look cheesy, but...

What about using a standard trailblazer wheel (17") with a tire that closely matches the outer diameter of the 19" wheel. Yeah, it wouldn't look great, but trailblazer wheels are much easier to come by.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts