Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Hey Bill,

Which tire would you carry as a spare? :confused You have to guess whether the front or back is the one you will need.

P/P

Peace :flag
P/P,

I imagine if you just had a 20" Save-a-Spare (for emergencies only) then it would probably fit either front or back to get you to a tire store. I suggested 20 inches, so that the limited slip differential would not go CRAZY having two different sized tires attached at the same time. The front end won't care!

My $.02 worth.

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Bill Scott said:
I bought a rim off of a trailblazer ( spare 17 inch salvage :thumbs ) you have to come up with a compromise between the front 255/45/19 and rear 295/40/20 the front being 28.0 inches high and the rear which is 29.3 if you go to a tire size conversion chart it will show you which sizes fall between these two heights. For instance a 225/65/17 is 28'' and a 205/70/17 is 28.3''

Don't forget a lug wrench and a scissor jack !!!
Bill,

Have you moved your battery yet?

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Bill Scott said:
I haven't even looked at that possibility, first would the spare fit if the battery was not in the way, and second where would you put the battery if that were the case. Maybe I'll take a look at it Tomorrow and see if it looks like it's even an option. :confused

OK, thanks Bill. I'll be watching for your answer.

As a Harley rider, I ride all over the country without a spare, but I keep fresh tires on it every 8K miles and just forget about it. This runs about $300.

But, I have a feeling, I won't be able to afford to do that to those monsters that are on our SSR's!

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Diggs said:
I hope no one takes this wrong, but I'm amazed that folks are getting so worked up over not having a spare on their SSR. Diggs

Hey diggs,

I wasn't worried about a spare at first because my saleman told me that the SSR came with run-flat tires, just like then Corvettes. Hmm, made sense, right? So, I believed him.

It wasn't until I joined this forum that I found out he was wrong (I told him too!), so now the Murphy's Law Worry Meter is starting to kick in.........

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
shiftz33 said:
I still think the SSR should at least come with a jack/lug wrench, so you can remove the tire and take it somewhere to repair the flats that cannot be temporarily addressed by the fix-a-flat kit.
Boy Shiftz33,

You've got MY VOTE!

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Ken Thurm said:
You guys scared me by not having a spare. Here's my solution.

Ken

Pretty scooter Ken!

I have a red one two, but if yours was only black, you would have scored BIG "coolness points"!

(But red Harley's are my favorites!)

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
fiftiesnut said:
Wow, you have some great pictures. Where did you get all the chrome work done on the front end. That is absolutely the best looking front end out there! Great Job!

What fiftiesnut said! What a gorgeous grille!

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Ken, hope I didn't hit you the wrong way when I mentioned your scooter being red and not black, but it looks like everything you have is black!

Now, I must say it again, what a fantastic job you did on that grille!

"There's money available to you in them there hills!" Just say the word and you will have a line at your mailbox!

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Ken Thurm said:
I forgot, the grill has about 40 hours in it, and I make almost $6.00 per hour so I don't think anyone would pay that much.
Ken

OK, OK, nobody seemed to catch it, but where do I sign up for ANYONE to work for 6 BUCKS AN HOUR? (except at the Golden Arches!)

· SSR Pit Crew
2,233 Posts
Hey Beer,

You're absolutely correct. If you open your New Posts (let's say there's 15 posts) and you only read 5 of them, and then you logout, the other 10 will be marked as "READ".

Haven't figured out a way to keep the unread ones to come back next time I log on.

Comments anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.