Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post where someone said where to purchase a jack, think it was sears. Also gave the information on what rim and tire to purchase. I can’t locate the information. Would appreciate the info. Was very helpful. Thank you.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,591 Posts
Here's a link to a thread with lots of info !!!!!! Spare Tire A Traiblazer jack would work great I picked up a heavy duty scissor jack from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Jack it up

I went for the aluminum TB wheel.

I usually take the jack that came with SE kit. That and a torque wrench and extension and socket. I have never had to put the spare on thank goodness. I am thinking about putting a newer TPMS kit on that works for up to eight wheels (trailer monitor also) and putting one on the spare.

Sometimes I take the aluminum rolling jack that I got from Harbor Freight if I have room. That way it is easier to jack up The R and take the wheels off to wash them every night on our trips.

IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I saw a post where someone said where to purchase a jack, think it was sears. Also gave the information on what rim and tire to purchase. I can’t locate the information. Would appreciate the info. Was very helpful. Thank you.
I've started making written notes from the many helpful posts on this forum that I might consider in the future. Good News! I, also, am considering my spare situation & I'm happy to share them with you. The post stated to use a 17" Trailblazer as the spare wheel. A 226 60 x17 tire was recommended. A Trolley jack from Sears & a lug wrench. Since I can't remember ever needing a spare & only having the typical "nail in tire-slow leak", I'm thinking about a portable air inflator approach.

Hope that helps,
"SJA"

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Your SSR should come with inflator in box behind drivers seat.
I installed an add on tire pressure monitor that replaces valve cap, a spray bottle of soapy water and a tire plug kit.
I figure I can monitor pressure, if I see starting to drop I can pull off fill it up and if a safe spot find and plug damage or fill up and drive to safe area.
I also have AAA gold for a blowout.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,811 Posts
I went for the aluminum TB wheel.

I usually take the jack that came with SE kit. That and a torque wrench and extension and socket. I have never had to put the spare on thank goodness. I am thinking about putting a newer TPMS kit on that works for up to eight wheels (trailer monitor also) and putting one on the spare.

Sometimes I take the aluminum rolling jack that I got from Harbor Freight if I have room. That way it is easier to jack up The R and take the wheels off to wash them every night on our trips.

IMO

Dave
I usually just crawl under the R in my skivvies with my handy toothbrush and coffee cup of water and scrub them real good. Just be sure you clean the toothbrush afterwards so you don't get all that grit in your teeth. lol

Dave (the other one)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I remember the post You are talking about, I added the information on the Jack into my notes. Sears Part Number 9-50523 Jack with a Case. Spare Tire from a TrailBlazer or Envoy, 17X7 225/65-17. Hope this helps.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Max Lift Height

Just make sure that what ever jack you select has enough lift height and doesn't require you jack it up to the MAX. The rear is higher than the front so get a jack that will fit under the lower front and still have enough lift height to lift the rear. NEVER EXTEND A JACK TO MAX LIFT HEIGHT, especially on an uneven surface e.g. side of the road. A medium size floor jack should be fine. A scissor jack's base may not be big enough.

Just my $0.02 worth of experience. "Long may you run":grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Here is a quote from an old thread on Spare tire kits, pretty much what I use other than I added a tarp and a plug kit.

First, let me thank all those members that posted info on spare tire alternatives.
Installed my kit today and it includes: 2003 Envoy aluminum wheel 17X7 with a used 225x60x17 tire = 27.63 inches
Also: chock (handmade), flashlight, gloves, Gojo, tarp, ATD-7462 2 ton scissor jack, plywood board for under jack, Torin Extendable lug wrench, black tire cover. Total cost: $174

1 - 10 of 10 Posts