Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Anyone know what the "Special Paint" on window sticker is. It is a $350.00 Option.

Thanks
I know that there was an additional charge for Yellow. My understanding was that it related to some of the ingredients required and the speacial handling, or disposal of same. Maybe @Cash has a better or more accurate explanation.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Special Paint Option

Hummer, That is the Yellow Paint, a three stage, base coat, color coat, and clear coat. When I was looking for mine, the Dealer had 2 in stock, Yellow and Black. They both had the same options except for Special paint on the yellow.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,403 Posts
I was told it is the special base primer to make the yellow stand out more plus the three stage paint so they called it special paint. My window sticker says Special Paint $350, I also was told that is why if you get a repair and they don't follow the original steps it will look sort of orange. Really have to make sure the body guy knows what he is doing to get it to look right. Maybe a painter guy will jump in here.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
BLU SSR
3,539 Posts
Just checked The Doophus's Window Sticker.

There is no mention of a "Special Paint Option" but there is a . . .

PREMIUM COLOR . . . $350.00.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

[/DOOPHUS YOU NEED TO GET A LAWYER! YOU WERE CHARGED FOR A "PREMIUM" COLOR AND YOU GOT B] YELLOW! LOOKS LIKE A CLEAR CASE OF FRAUD!>: >:) :blur:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Special Paint

Aqua Blur was also a premium color paint, indicated as "Special Paint" on the window sticker, also at a cost of $350.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Aqua Blur was also a premium color paint, indicated as "Special Paint" on the window sticker, also at a cost of $350.
I can understand the expense for Aqua Blur. Do you know how many chameleons they had to interview to find out the secret of color shifting?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Special paint required 2 primer coats, I'm not completely sure but seem to remember something about a silver and a white base coat to get the proper finish look maybe Fuzzy or Mr Sinister will jump in and clarify

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,016 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,403 Posts
And Black is the absence of color so basically it's invisible. No one notices a black vehicle.>:):yellow:
Not really the absence. If you mix all paints together you get black.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I was told it is the special base primer to make the yellow stand out more plus the three stage paint so they called it special paint. My window sticker says Special Paint $350, I also was told that is why if you get a repair and they don't follow the original steps it will look sort of orange. Really have to make sure the body guy knows what he is doing to get it to look right. Maybe a painter guy will jump in here.
I have this vague memory about a similar thread some time back and that the primer was a greenish color. Am I hallucinating again?

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,565 Posts
And Black is basically invisible. No one notices a black vehicle.>:):yellow:

=====================================

And hopefully Greg, that includes "being invisible" to the local gendarmes as well!! -- >:) - :black:

:rock: :thumbs :glol​

================
David :black:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,403 Posts
I have this vague memory about a similar thread some time back and that the primer was a greenish color. Am I hallucinating again?
I was told white and when I got my DR Color Chip touch up paint kit there was a bottle of white in the package to put on first if the chip was real deep. You put the white on and let it dry and then the Yellow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts