Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beth and Gary from Houston. As a newbie, this was my first R event and it was a great one. When we checked in to the R table area, Beth was assisting. When I walked by the door prize area each day, Beth was assisting. When we went to the banquet, Beth was assisting.
We had a rear facing room in the hotel. Thursday Gary was assisting at the tech presentations. But, then from my room window, I saw a guy underneath the front of an R. It was Gary, laying in the sun, on the pavement, working on some one else's R, for several hours. He went for parts and returned to crawl under again, on the hot pavement in the sun. The next day I saw him walking across the back parking lot carrying a socket set, heading towards someone else's R again.
My newbie lesson was that while I may be having a good time, there are a whole lot of Fanatics making sure I did. Beth and Gary were two of those behind the scene making things great for all of us.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,314 Posts
You are absolutely correct Dave. These two are the BEST!!!

Gary has gone out of his way to help me on several occasions. 0:)

==============
David :black:

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Thank you David & David from both of us, but we were a very very small cog of a much larger group that contributed much much more than us. The camaraderie of this Fanatic family is what makes this group so great. I wish that Warrior=='06 could have made it but am glad he is recuperating and recovering well. It was a great rally and am so glad you enjoyed the event.

A very very big THANK YOU goes out to Frank, Margaret and the rest of the Fanatics that helped make this rally a truly memorable event..........

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David: I didn't know how to PM but Terry was standing next to me letting me know your status. He said he was sending pics. There are some very good people in the R world.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,314 Posts
You are so right Dave. :smile2:

I want to send a huge THANKS to Terry (TLM) & his son for thinking of me and sending a bunch of great pics from the Rally. They didn't have to do it at all.

I appreciate it you guys....It was a real lift. :rock:

==============

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
You are so right Dave. :smile2:

I want to send a huge THANKS to Terry (TLM) & his son for thinking of me and sending a bunch of great pics from the Rally. They didn't have to do it at all.

I appreciate it you guys....It was a real lift. :rock:

==============

Wish you could have made buddy. Get well!
:ssr
Brian

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Beth and Gary from Houston. As a newbie, this was my first R event and it was a great one. When we checked in to the R table area, Beth was assisting. When I walked by the door prize area each day, Beth was assisting. When we went to the banquet, Beth was assisting.
We had a rear facing room in the hotel. Thursday Gary was assisting at the tech presentations. But, then from my room window, I saw a guy underneath the front of an R. It was Gary, laying in the sun, on the pavement, working on some one else's R, for several hours. He went for parts and returned to crawl under again, on the hot pavement in the sun. The next day I saw him walking across the back parking lot carrying a socket set, heading towards someone else's R again.
My newbie lesson was that while I may be having a good time, there are a whole lot of Fanatics making sure I did. Beth and Gary were two of those behind the scene making things great for all of us.
I was amazed by the amount of work done on our SSR'S!
River Rat, Skywalker, Wayne'sWorld, Mike in AZ, jackatg450, were just some of the busy bee workers helping out members with there trucks. We even had non members show up and get help.

Noah1699 brought his car lift and lots of underside work was done. Pretty amazing! Special thanks to those squirming around on the ground doing the work underneath. (Wayne, Kenny...)

Even non SSR drivers benefited... Rdstr42, "Rope" helped out a pretty "unique" person with battery cable issues and got them going again... (hotel manager was happy about that one).

Very impressive rally!
:ssr
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
It was my first SSR International Rally it was outstanding again big thanks to Frank and Crew for pulling this offer.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
It was my first SSR International Rally it was outstanding again big thanks to Frank and Crew for pulling this offer.
It was ours as well, and well beyond expectations. We are near speechless! The banquet food on Saturday night was in a league, at the top, all its own. I know...from many years having to choke down rubber chicken banquet dinners at far too many such events I can recall, nor care to. There are many other aspects of the experience also as well planned and executed.

Hats, Sombrero’s, Cover’s or any and all such OFF, to ALL who worked on our behalf for a truly unforgettable event!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts