Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I remembered something on here awhile back about how to deal with the spinning caps on our wheels. I just don't remember what was said to fix them from spinning.

Recap?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think the fix was to put some double stick trim adhesive tape on the wheels where the tabs grab and that will keep them from slipping. I don't remember exactly, but it is something close to that. ( I THINK )

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Here is the answer Mike.
Skip2004 said:
GM has a repair kit available but could only have the service dept apply it. The kit is made up of 8 pieces of tape, two per cap, applied 180 deg apart.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
I used extra thick electric tape. Put it on 3 of the prongs of each wheel then push it on. You can also use 3/4 inch wide by 2.5 inch long strips of heavy Duct tape.

·
Registered
86 Posts
:cool
Focks said:
I thought I remembered something on here awhile back about how to deal with the spinning caps on our wheels. I just don't remember what was said to fix them from spinning.

Recap?
Gm does have a bullitin for this problem, having done to mine right now.
Bullitin # is 05-03-10-007. Dealer will need to preorder polyurethane tape patches ahead of time for you:cool

·
Premium Member
31,430 Posts
Thought you wanted "bling" at first

Until I read the post, I thought you actually wanted wheels with the center spinners! :eek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts