Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased an spoiler like in this picture? I am concerned it might be to heavy for the tonne cover--any help would be great.
see attached picture
regards
bob
spoiler.jpg

·
Registered
2004 SSR slingshot yellow
9 Posts
I have the same spoiler on my 04 and it works great, no problem with these shocks holding the cover up. a delicate installation but looks great when done.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Those are quite popular in the SSR world. I have one. Got it on ebay for less than $100. I did a no drill installation using a very high performance double sided tape. Looks great and is rock solid.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,938 Posts
Yep, same one on the Firetruck. You can upgrade your rear deck struts as well. When it's warm, mine opens all the way by itself with a press on the key fob with spoiler installed.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,878 Posts
Yes the spoilers are heavy and the aftermarket struts will hold up the lid. The spoiler will take its toll on the struts but you will have a handle to lift and close the lid with. We have the '05 GTO spoiler.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,878 Posts
thanks--------do you remember the name of the struts or where you purchased them from
thanks Bob
They from LST and you can get them from either Dictator in Florida or Mike in Az . There are 2 different lengths depending upon which style hinges you have. Not too hard to figure out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks Kelly
ever seen any good storage bins for the back Also looking for a bin for ahead of the console underneath the ash tray for sunglasses etc.'
thanks for your time
Bob

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
thanks Kelly
ever seen any good storage bins for the back Also looking for a bin for ahead of the console underneath the ash tray for sunglasses etc.'
thanks for your time
Bob
You might consider the ash tray area modification idea. It's where you cut out the ashtray and cig lighter to make an open area. Works really well. Do a search for past threads for the "How to".

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those are quite popular in the SSR world. I have one. Got it on ebay for less than $100. I did a no drill installation using a very high performance double sided tape. Looks great and is rock solid.
Really! The tape really holds it down? I would love to get a rear spoiler but have hesitated because I know I'd drill one of the holes 1/4-inch off and it would look really weird. A few clarifying questions: What brand & model number is the spoiler? Does the tape come with the spoiler? If not, could you tell me the specifics regarding the tape?

Thanks a ton, or however much downforce it creates! Tim

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Really! The tape really holds it down? I would love to get a rear spoiler but have hesitated because I know I'd drill one of the holes 1/4-inch off and it would look really weird. A few clarifying questions: What brand & model number is the spoiler? Does the tape come with the spoiler? If not, could you tell me the specifics regarding the tape?

Thanks a ton, or however much downforce it creates! Tim
Yes. Really. The spoiler has bee on for over 2 years and over 10K miles. Still rock solid. Got the 3M tape #06383 (see pic) from a dealer body shop. You need a spoiler, like the one discussed here, with a wide mounting base to give ample area for the tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might consider the ash tray area modification idea. It's where you cut out the ashtray and cig lighter to make an open area. Works really well. Do a search for past threads for the "How to".
That is a great idea thanks alot bob

·
SSR Believer
1,126 Posts
I believe the same spoiler is also available on Amazon:

US$98 painted seems like a screamin‘ deal if you’re okay with an ABS blow mold product, not fiberglass.

I’ve almost pulled the trigger a few times but I’m still holding out for one of Eric’s single-piece MPD spoilers, or something close to it. ?

BTW, “Bermuda Blue” is the same color code as Aqua Blur.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts