Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes. Really. The spoiler has bee on for over 2 years and over 10K miles. Still rock solid. Got the 3M tape #06383 (see pic) from a dealer body shop. You need a spoiler, like the one discussed here, with a wide mounting base to give ample area for the tape.
Thanks Wizzr and everyone else! I ordered the spoiler, tape and new struts from Mike. Can't wait to put it on...I'm running out of house projects although I could start shining my shoes!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,170 Posts
Thanks Wizzr and everyone else! I ordered the spoiler, tape and new struts from Mike. Can't wait to put it on...I'm running out of house projects although I could start shining my shoes!!
There is a list somewhere you might want to look at for changes and updates. Some are very necessary for safe and reliable operation and others are just because you want to. Might take a look and replace lower shift linkage plastic bushing which deteriorates and ABS Brake shield to keep heat off that unit. Simple engineering has both.

·
SSR Believer
1,126 Posts
Hi Tim
would you think the 2 items you listed would need replacing--only has 22000 km on it ?
regards
Bob
Hi Bob, I can't speak for Tim, but if you're referring to the transmission shift linkage plastic bushing and ABS brake heat shield that @Auggie Doggie mentioned, then yes, they are both absolute "musts" even for a lower KM vehicle IMHO.

The plastic part in the shift linkage deteriorates with time, not how far the vehicle has been driven. The replacement parts use metal instead of plastic.

The heat shield is an easy addition that Chevy should have added in the first place. It uses existing bolt holes and protects the ABS control module from the catalytic converter directly next to it. The module can only take so much heat before it may fail.

Both are very inexpensive insurance against being stuck somewhere, unable to shift or the cost of replacing an expensive brake part.

Anti-lock Brake Heat Shield:

Transmission Shifter Repair Kit:

Instructions can be found in @Dicktator's DIY library. Look for "Shift Cable Repair" and "ABS Heat Shield Installation":

@shiftz33 also made a great DIY ABS heat shield installation video:

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts