Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me information on a rear spoiler. I noticed several in the pic gallery and they are awesome :ssr

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
I think they're off of malibu's and grand prix's 'n stuff. do a search of "malibu" or pm the owners I'm sure they'll help :flag

B

·
0 Posts
spoiler

Mine came off ebay. Guy from florida. he has one listed almost all the time. You buy it, you tell them the color or your SSr. in less than 2 wks it arrives at your door. It bolts on. It is the same spoiler that is on the 05 Malibu. got one sitting next to the SSr in the driveway. (05 malibu with spoiler, wifes)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Spoiler info

Thanks for the info, Bob, on this thread and on the pm. You said that it bolts on; I guess that means that you have to drill holes in the decK? How many?? How long did it take to install? Do you know the name of the co. or person in Florida? Thanks again!
Charley

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rear Spoiler

I was at Axiom and saw the spoiler they make, the syling looked super and the quality is real good. Mofo

B

·
0 Posts
REDIdrill said:
Thanks for the info, Bob, on this thread and on the pm. You said that it bolts on; I guess that means that you have to drill holes in the decK? How many?? How long did it take to install? Do you know the name of the co. or person in Florida? Thanks again!
Charley
Yes 2 on each side bolts on from underneath. the deck is two layerswith space between. 3/4" hole i think to get to the top sheet of steel. so socket can paas thru to tighten up bolts. used the touch up paint general sent for buying it. that way no exposed metal. you do have to take the carpet off the deck lid. but that is not hard. what took the longest was drilling the 3/4" holes. either the steel was very good or the holesaw very dull. maybe a little of both. :lol :thumbs :ssr :flag :seeya

I was at it for maybe 2 hours. of course other people around and talking so would go as fast as normal. I dun it at my stereo mans shop while they were finishing up the speaker install in the doors. Another fringe benefit of having work dun at a local shop. just more care a consideration. like it was their own. Jims's experience in atlanta gives me the same vibes. wish they were closer to home. I kinda lookin for a good shop to maybe give the ole 05 some 456 gears in her rear end. that would be kickin, especially when the superchargin program is properlt attained. I sure don't want to rush them. want them to get it right on. oh, I can't spell good. the speakers in previous post, the name should have been "Morel"

·
Registered
322 Posts
My spoiler installs in 5 mins (no tools) ;) Can give your wife a project to do!!
No holes, no alterations, solid mount no measuring :) Good for 130 MPH :lol :ssr , and u can remove when you choose with no body damage :) :thumbs

·
0 Posts
Mine is from an 05 GTO, yellow is a perfect color match. I installed it in 20 minutes. Drill 4 holes and 4 bolts. Hook up the 3rd break light for added security.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts