Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted a rare red SSR today if it was the real deal in Elizabethton TN. Had the decals that were on the 2004 Indianapolis pace trucks. Wasn't able to get any information from the drive or get close enough to get a vin number.
If your a Fanatic and it was yours nice looking truck.

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
Spotted a rare red SSR today if it was the real deal in Elizabethton TN. Had the decals that were on the 2004 Indianapolis pace trucks. Wasn't able to get any information from the drive or get close enough to get a vin number.
If your a Fanatic and it was yours nice looking truck.
Best guess - it is #39 Indy Festival - 1GCES14P64B104824
It was for sale @ Michael's Motor Company in Nashville in 4/2018

Example Picture - courtesy Howard Kirchenbauer
Not sure if I am going to jail for posting this pic or not!

2004 Indy Festival.jpg

The sad part is, most of these have had their decals removed.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just what she looked like CASH one rare nice looking ride. How many of them did they actually make? Have only seen a couple SSR's up here in the Kingsport TN> area but will be on the look out for this one and try and get some info for you.

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
That's just what she looked like CASH one rare nice looking ride. How many of them did they actually make? Have only seen a couple SSR's up here in the Kingsport TN> area but will be on the look out for this one and try and get some info for you.
Wish I could tell you definitively - but the Festivals, both 2004 & 2006 have been the harder Race Parade oriented SSR's to document.
Every once in a while I get ambitious and run build sheets in the VINcinity, but man, that is a lot of build sheets! (10696 in MY2004)
I sort of know the general time frame they were built, but still really rough to locate them.
Without educating them, I believe I am one of the few that can look at a MY2004 Redline build sheet and determine if it is a regular Redline, a Festival or a CA Speedway

Similar thing with the MY2004 CA Speedways - tough to locate.
The Festivals have more draw though, IMO

Every once in a while I see an SSR come for sale that has some history, but the dealer has no idea.
I phone the Sales Manager, suggest it doesn't really affect value, but ask them to pass the info on to a future buyer that would enjoy the history.
Otherwise, they eventually get lost
I know just telling one salesperson is a waste of time, but I think even with the Sales Manager that info goes out the other ear.

If you owned one of these, wouldn't it be fun to know?
I venture less than 25% still have the decals and more than 50% that own them have no idea of the history - just guesses

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
Cash, about a year ago maybe longer I posted a inquiry about a SSR in Columbia, Ky. I thought it might have been Floyd Bailey's. The guy up there said someone called him from Canada. I'm assuming it was you. Did you ever get the serial number to find out if it was a actual Indy parade car? It is still sitting on the lot. I go by it almost every day during the week. Just curious. The car lots name is Anthony's Auto Sales Columbia Kentucky

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
That is an Indy Festival - not Floyd Baileys - we sold Floyd's through North Freeway
This one was in a fire - a little hard to determine overall damage - as I recall the rear bumper had some melt issues

I can figure out which one this is, but if it is still at Anthony's - it seems this has been a year or more since previous discussions

Found it - #23180

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/2570905-post5.html

Someone started a thread about this one - no idea who

Very odd Carfax Data
It has an "Exceeds Mechanical Limits" note on the title, but who knows what that is?
No mention of fire or burn victim
Here is relevant data during the time frame

09/24/2014 Kentucky Motor Vehicle Dept Kevil, KY
Title #120130040004
Registration issued or renewed
Vehicle color noted as Red
07/07/2015 Kentucky
Damage Report Non-collision damage reported
10/28/2015 16,760 Kentucky Motor Vehicle Dept Columbia, KY
Title #153010010013
Dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory
Title or registration issued Vehicle colour noted as Red
An Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title was issued for this vehicle in error and later corrected
04/28/2016 16,983 Kentucky
Motor Vehicle Dept. Columbia, KY - Odometer reading reported

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
That is an Indy Festival - not Floyd Baileys - we sold Floyd's through North Freeway
This one was in a fire - a little hard to determine overall damage - as I recall the rear bumper had some melt issues

I can figure out which one this is, but if it is still at Anthony's - it seems this has been a year or more since previous discussions
yes it's still there, I go by it everyday. They move it every now and then but as far as I can see from the road the windows haven't been indexed so water is getting behind the Windows like it did before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts