Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother sent me a picture of of this SSR he saw at Thompson Speedway this weekend.
No CASH he didn't get the VIN. :lol But I told him to if he sees it again.
I don't remember seeing it before, does anyone know the truck?

edit: I asked if the thing on the side of the roof is a strobe. He said yes and there are strobes on the back of the roof and rear also. The ones on the back of the roof are on curved surfaces with clear covers which makes me think it may be Chevy built?
New England Racing Fuel is in Burlington, CT. (860) 673-9555

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Pace car

My brother sent me a picture of of this SSR he saw at Thompson Speedway this weekend.
No CASH he didn't get the VIN. :lol But I told him to if he sees it again.
I don't remember seeing it before, does anyone know the truck?

edit: I asked if the thing on the side of the roof is a strobe. He said yes and there are strobes on the back of the roof and rear also. The ones on the back of the roof are on curved surfaces with clear covers which makes me think it may be Chevy built?
New England Racing Fuel is in Burlington, CT. (860) 673-9555
I'll bet that is the pace car that Mike Joy bought at the Chevy Heritage Museum auction run by Barrett and Jackson in Miami in 2009. I believe he owns a NASCAR Sunoco fuel franchise. His had a large lighted Bowtie built into the deck lid.

·
2,416 Posts
Yes mike joy and his partner own this. I sent cash pictures of it a couple of years ago. Sometimes it sits outside a very small yankee garage up in the hills of ct that's where I took the pictures.

Reactions: poppa

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Yes, looks like Mike Joys truck. Remembered someone did a writeup on it a few years ago and found this post -

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f6/mike-joy-178418/

SSR290 had caught up with Mike at a race and had some discussion with him about his R ownership. Interesting that the original color of the truck was yellow :surprise: and truck was completely repainted for the pace truck duties. Odd they didn't just pull a red one off the line for it, I would have thought it would have saved a little time and money.

More post in same Sunoco truck back in 2010 -
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/red-white-blue-ssr-43550/

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha ha, I gave my brother a link to this thread and got an email from him.
Damn your SSR buddies are good. 1GCES14P23B100316

·
Two Tone Owner
2,620 Posts
Yes mike joy and his partner own this. I sent cash pictures of it a couple of years ago. Sometimes it sits outside a very small yankee garage up in the hills of ct that's where I took the pictures.
John, is this the place? My buddy bought a car trailer from there and this is the picture of it, that's my buddy's SUV and the trailer that he bought. It is supposed to lower and not tilt or something like that. Walt :yellow:

Attachments

·
2,416 Posts
John, is this the place? My buddy bought a car trailer from there and this is the picture of it, that's my buddy's SUV and the trailer that he bought. It is supposed to lower and not tilt or something like that. Walt :yellow:
Hi Walter yes that's the place. Thanks for posting. :silver:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts