Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is another SSR (yellow) where I live, Saw it at Home Depot and watched him as we ate at the local Wendy's Gotta find out more about this owner. Left my card in his truck but I think he sat on it, waiting to see if you found it and gets on our site here. Kids got a big kick out of seeing it. But why do I always see other SSR's when I am not driving mine? :seeya

·
Registered
601 Posts
wildcat66 said:
There is another SSR (yellow) where I live, Saw it at Home Depot and watched him as we ate at the local Wendy's Gotta find out more about this owner. Left my card in his truck but I think he sat on it, waiting to see if you found it and gets on our site here. Kids got a big kick out of seeing it. But why do I always see other SSR's when I am not driving mine? :seeya
I know how you feel. There has been only three times that I have seen another SSR while driving mine. I have seen to many while I am not driving.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
I know the feeling. I have yet to see another SSR on the road when I am in mine. I've passed a few in dealer lots and one in a parking lot but none driving. I have seen a couple while driving my other vehicles.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
I guess that's one of great things about the SSR at this time. There aren't many out there, yet. Hopefully in my opinion the lower the numbers stay the more unique the SSR will remain. There is only one that I know of around where I live. He's one of the reasons I bought mine. Watched him cruise by and looks he got. NICE!!! I haven't been able to contact him yet but will when the opportunity arises. JimO :cool

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Sighting

Couple of weeks ago - I pulled up next to a Yellow at the light coming out of my subdivision first thing in the morning - going to work. I was IN my SSR - waved at him, but he only smiled, waved back and took a right. Been looking for him ever since. Had a really cool pin-striping job on the truck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i was driving mine yesterday and saw a yellow one on the other side of the highway and almost had a heart attack trying to get their attention (but failed).

it is always SO REALLY COOL TO SEE ANOTHER SSR ON THE ROAD WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOURS. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED IT YET JUST WAIT AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! :party

Hey Wildcat......exactly what we wanted those cards for! Hope you get a call. Please let us know and either Buffy or Marc will be thrilled (whomever made your card). :thumbs

·
Registered
160 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Funny that you mention not seeing SSR's when your not in yours. Same thing always happens with me :lol

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to Kinkos to make copies today and on my way spotted a smokin' going into the mall, so I follow it. Caught up with the driver, she works for GM and her tags said manufacturer. I gave her my card for the site. but :banghead you would think I have never seen a SSR:banghead I totally forgot to get her name. I hope she checks us out.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,793 Posts
Bang head!

wildcat66 said:
I gave her my card for the site. but :banghead you would think I have never seen a SSR:banghead I totally forgot to get her name. I hope she checks us out.
Hey Machell,

I know that feeling well... :lol I find that when I forget something (senior moments) it is always so much better to have a friend hit you on the head instead of banging one's own head... Or if you really want to have some extra fun you both can exchange hits over the head!

WARNING: DO NOT attempt this stunt at home without parental supervison.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Now 2 Purples in town

ricardo said:
i was driving mine yesterday and saw a yellow one on the other side of the highway and almost had a heart attack trying to get their attention (but failed).

it is always SO REALLY COOL TO SEE ANOTHER SSR ON THE ROAD WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOURS. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED IT YET JUST WAIT AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!
ricardo said:
My little burg, Shalimar, is about 1200 people. Been the only SSR here for a year. Not any more.
At a stop sign today, look to my left, here comes another "Purple". Turned left (instead of going straight) and stopped in the street. The guy stopped also. He is driving his "Wifes SSR" w/o her permission. She is on a business trip for a week and decided to drive it to work in her absence. Gave him a Fanatic card, and told him if I wouldn't squeel on him IF he told her about the site. We laughed about it and drove away. Funny thing is he only lives 4 blocks away from me. Sometimes you never know whats going on around you.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
579 Posts
SSR Sighting on the 210 Freeway in San Dimas, California Yesterday

I spotted a dark SSR on the 210 freeway near the city of San Dimas, California last night. I tried to speed up to see the plate (to see if it was a forum member) but they just blasted out of sight doing 90+! Wow! No way could my 1992 LeBaron keep up! It was dark out so I couldn't tell what color it was exactly (Maybe black or Aqua Blur). If it was you I spotted make yourself known!

E :seeya :thumbs :flag

P.S. You know how to drive that baby!

·
Registered
137 Posts
SSR Spotted on the Florida Turnpike

Spotted a Red SSR going on to the Florida Turnpiker today at around 11:00 AM. It had American Flag emblems in front of the rear fenders. This was in the Fort Pierce/Port St. Lucie area. Was this a fellow member??? :thumbs

·
Registered
19 Posts
where did you see the yellow? I live in Long Island and have a yellow. I have yet to see any other SSR and I have been looking

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
OK, as a lot of you know, I live in a little town (Waleska) that is about an hour north of Atlanta. We in a mountain community and I love it because of the peace and quiet.

Well the other day, Pat (my wife) and I took Miss Daisy into the "big city" of Canton, GA (just kidding, it's a little bigger than Waleska) to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Being a typical Cracker Barrel, there are only about 7 or 8 parking spots right in front on the building and half of them are marked for handicapped only. Well, by golly there was someone pulling out of one of the "legal" spots as we were pulling in, so we pulled in there, parked and went inside to eat.

After breakfast, we walked out to leave and lo and behold, there was a black SSR parked right NEXT to Miss Daisy! First of all, to see two SSR's in the little city of Canton is one thing, but to have them parking side by side in the parking lot was unbelievable!

You just never know what the day will bring......................

1 - 20 of 37 Posts