Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what type of Spray and shine wipe off detailer you use and which one you think is the best. Thanks, Auggie

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,560 Posts
turtle jet black, hot sauce, and mother's california gold instant detailer....glass cleaner, there is only one Sprayway I get it from Walmart in the U.S. and Canadian Tire in Canada.....Hot Sauce is basically just perfumed vinegar.

·
DFW TX Crew
1,429 Posts
This is kind of like asking what's the best wax or your favorite wax..... 10 people 10 different answers..... ;)

Best one I've ever come across is Gloss It QD. It's very slick and does not streak plus I can actually get away with using it on the windows (outside). It's just a little pricey though.

Gloss It has two QD's, a regular QD which is my favorite and a enhanced version which can streak up a little but I typically cut it with water. Extremely slick.

My 0.02 Josh

·
DFW TX Crew
1,429 Posts
The main thing you guys need to worry about is not using any QD for in between washes for dusting off cars, that's the quickest way to get swirls.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
This is kind of like asking what's the best wax or your favorite wax..... 10 people 10 different answers..... ;)

Best one I've ever come across is Gloss It QD. It's very slick and does not streak plus I can actually get away with using it on the windows (outside). It's just a little pricey though.

Gloss It has two QD's, a regular QD which is my favorite and a enhanced version which can streak up a little but I typically cut it with water. Extremely slick.

My 0.02 Josh
:smile2:
You're right, everyone has their own best deal. Don't recall if I got this tip here or on another forum, but I got some and with a totally black SSR and a $5.,000 paint job done before I got it.............it works great.

HOT SAUCE...........

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWVBQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about Meguires detailer spray n shine?

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Sample Bottle is Gone

I was wondering what type of Spray and shine wipe off detailer you use and which one you think is the best. Thanks, Auggie
I use Topcoat F11. Incredible stuff. PM me your addy and I’ll send you the free sample bottle spray hey gave me on my last order unless you’ve already tried it.

I have used about everything else.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I use Stuarts Shine and have been for 10 years ... absolutely the best. Not available in stores. Google it, you will really like. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
How about Meguires detailer spray n shine?
==========================================
Yes Auggie. Meguiar's is the QD that I've been using. :smile2:

Between my California Duster and the Meguiar's QD my truck stays looking good between washes....and it is Smoking Asphalt. :surprise: :laugh:

==================
David :black:

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Easiest way to get into an argument on this site is to ask for opinions about cleaning products or tires.

Seeing as I'm hooked on all things Zaino, I only use the two different Zaino quick detailers and their car wash. I know their products are chemically engineered to work together, so no point tempting fate by using products that might be incompatible.

Hard to change systems, because I'm not aware of any other company having the entire range of products available - claybar, abrasive cleaner, all-in-one cleaner/polish, detergent, different polishes for specific applications and detailers. It's one stop shopping.

Z7 Show Car Wash highly diluted in a spray bottle whenever I pressure wash. I also use it as a lubricant for the clay bar - so much less expensive than using up a quick detailer.

Z6 Gloss enhancer spray. Used for general cleanup and between layers of polish.

Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal when it's showtime.

Zaino Store: Shine Maintenance

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,507 Posts
Easiest way to get into an argument on this site is to ask for opinions about cleaning products or tires.

Seeing as I'm hooked on all things Zaino, I only use the two different Zaino quick detailers and their car wash. I know their products are chemically engineered to work together, so no point tempting fate by using products that might be incompatible.

Hard to change systems, because I'm not aware of any other company having the entire range of products available - claybar, abrasive cleaner, all-in-one cleaner/polish, detergent, different polishes for specific applications and detailers. It's one stop shopping.

Z7 Show Car Wash highly diluted in a spray bottle whenever I pressure wash. I also use it as a lubricant for the clay bar - so much less expensive than using up a quick detailer.

Z6 Gloss enhancer spray. Used for general cleanup and between layers of polish.

Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal when it's showtime.

Zaino Store: Shine Maintenance

I also use and have used Zaino for the last 10yrs, very pleased.

Dicktator

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Between my California Duster and the Meguiar's QD my truck stays looking good between washes....and it is Smoking Asphalt. :surprise: :laugh:

==================

I see to confuse things further Mequiars makes two now. One comes in a red bottle and is called "Quick Detailer". The other comes in a black bottle and is called "Ultimate Quick Detailer". Why two and which one is better? I hate when companies do that.

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts

==================

:frown2:

I've had a California duster for years which I used on my red streetrod. However, KGB as the prior owner of my '05 (smoking asphalt) before I arrived to buy it.........had it buffed out............saying it showed swirls where he had used the "duster". His new paint job, done after installing the custom running boards and "decking" the tail gate cost over $5,000. While he quoted a lower price in his forum (ad) "for sale", when we reviewed and I have........the paint job invoice, it was indeed over 5K.

I will NOT be using a California duster at this point.:wink2:

/QUOTE]

·
DFW TX Crew
1,429 Posts

==================

I've had a California duster for years which I used on my red streetrod. However, KGB as the prior owner of my '05 (smoking asphalt) before I arrived to buy it.........had it buffed out............saying it showed swirls where he had used the "duster". His new paint job, done after installing the custom running boards and "decking" the tail gate cost over $5,000. While he quoted a lower price in his forum (ad) "for sale", when we reviewed and I have........the paint job invoice, it was indeed over 5K.

/QUOTE]

Any time dust or dirt is being pushed or dragged across the finish it will cause swirls. Whether it be with a CA duster or a QD wipe down the swirls will get put in the finish. People may not notice them at first but as they accumulate over time they will become evident. For many it happens so subtly that they just don't really notice it till it's too late.

Josh

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts

/QUOTE]
Any time dust or dirt is being pushed or dragged across the finish it will cause swirls. Whether it be with a CA duster or a QD wipe down the swirls will get put in the finish. People may not notice them at first but as they accumulate over time they will become evident. For many it happens so subtly that they just don't really notice it till it's too late.

Josh

=====================================================

2017-12-22-19-58-16-1865375359.jpeg

~~~Thanks Steve; couldn't have said it better myself!!~~~

==============

1 - 20 of 79 Posts