Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just annonced the spring edition of the trailblazer ext has been cancelled because the plant will be shut down

wait the ssr plant is being shut down too??? will they cancel the ssr? i dont know but below was the announcement on the gm hotsheet

TrailBlazer
TRAILBLAZER EXT. . .The Oklahoma City assembly facility will be idled in early February and production of the TrailBlazer EXT 7-passenger model will be permanently phased out at that time. Dealers are advised to assess market demand for this product and consense/order accordingly during this last cycle. Due to the closure of the Oklahoma City plant, the previously announced 'Spring Edition' package has been cancelled on EXT models only. 'Spring Edition' packages will remain available for order on C*15506 5-passenger models.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
SSR "Spring Edition" is not an EXT Model

ISLANDDREAMS said:
Just annonced the spring edition of the trailblazer ext has been cancelled because the plant will be shut down

wait the ssr plant is being shut down too??? will they cancel the ssr? i dont know but below was the announcement on the gm hotsheet.
... the previously announced 'Spring Edition' package have been cancelled on EXT models only.
FYI: The Spring Edition and the closure of the EXT plant have nothing to do with the Lansing Craft Centre where the Spring Edition SSRs will be built. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Frame

Might be but the SSR is on a Ext Trailblazer frame. The information I am getting at my dealership is that the SSR is done.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
Just a thought here?

But wouldn't it make sense to cease production of a 7 passenger mid size vehicle that will be close in size to the new 900 series tahoe/suburban style vehicle due out in January.

GM Janesville has sent the last of the 800 series tahoes/suburban down the line tonight (it's already passed the vin plate install and on it's way to interior and cahssis marriage) and have started ramping up to build the new 900 series tonight Expected to get at least 40 of them in the system before close tonight. This is the last scheduled production day/night until Jan 3, of 2006.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Chevrolet is dumping the extended Trailblazer? Does that go for the GMC model as well? Thats really shocking I thought they were selling well. Well for sure the SSR will be cancelled very soon then if they stop making the extended frame. Maybe THIS is the reason the SSR is going No EXT Trailblazer = No SSR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts