Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many were made and where are they? I dont think that picture on the mini brochure was a digital re make. They had to have a pilot build of these trucks early in the model year.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Ricochet said:
How many were made and where are they? I dont think that picture on the mini brochure was a digital re make. They had to have a pilot build of these trucks early in the model year.
What I have heard was there wasn't any pilots run in Sunburst Orange they were to have been built in February or March. Also the image on the Spring Edition post card in Sunburst Orange was photoshoped in. It was taken off the Pacific Blue image you see below... and the other image below is photoshoped too can you tell which SSR was recreated in that photo?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow thats a shame can you imagine what the Pilot cars could fetch at auction?

I am disappointed that GM didn't attempt to at least make the last 100 of them S/E models

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
There was a desire to ...

Ricochet said:
... I am disappointed that GM didn't attempt to at least make the last 100 of them S/E models
There had been some discussions within GM all the way through the life of the SSR about doing one more limited special edition or a "Final 25 Edition" SSRs but regrettably there wasn't enough time to carry out that goal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ricochet said:
Wow thats a shame can you imagine what the Pilot cars could fetch at auction?

Did anyone happen to see the sunburst orange SSR on E-bay a few weeks back?
This SSR was specially made and owned by,(I beleive), the president of GM. It had several prototype parts especially made for the vehicle that weren't on any of the other SSRs. Could have been a prototype for that Spring Edition SSR...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Rollex said:
Did anyone happen to see the sunburst orange SSR on E-bay a few weeks back?
This SSR was specially made and owned by,(I beleive), the president of GM. It had several prototype parts especially made for the vehicle that weren't on any of the other SSRs. Could have been a prototype for that Spring Edition SSR...
The president of GM??????? I thought it was the guy who ran ACP or ASP whoever the company that helped with a lot of the SSR's development including the top.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
SS My R said:
The president of GM??????? I thought it was the guy who ran ACP or ASP whoever the company that helped with a lot of the SSR's development including the top.
You are correct and btw that was not a Sunburst Orange color.

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
The auction on the ASC "special edition" car hit the low 40's but the reserve was still not met. Didn't sell.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ssr71 said:
The auction on the ASC "special edition" car hit the low 40's but the reserve was still not met. Didn't sell.
I see. I guess it'll be hitting the E-bay circuit once again. Unless the seller decides to post it somewhere else like Dupont Registry.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
ASC's SSR is One-of-a-Kind...

ssr71 said:
That ASC "Special Editon" SSR with it's special paint job and other optioins should bring in some higher $$$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts