Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how Troy can help bring together regional SSR 'meets' with Spring approaching. I know from the posts that there are three of us on Long Island, some in upstate New York, Maryland, etc. All in 'reasonable' driving range......

It would be cool to have 'meets' from various regions around the country and then post pics on the site.

Anyone else up for meeting our fellow SSR Fanatics?

Rick:cheers

·
Registered
468 Posts
Count me in. I haven't seen any other Coloradans on the forum, but I would gladly travel to meet with the Texans and Okies on the list in a "midwest meet."

D

·
0 Posts
I'm from Boston, but my girlfriend lives on Long Island. Jones beach would make a great location for a bunch of the Northeast people to get together.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm in, Anything in the northeast
:thumbs

D

·
0 Posts
John Thompson, I am from Greeley and my ssr will be picked up tomorrow:cheers

·
Registered
468 Posts
drsipesz06 - Great! welcome to the club! I will admit, I'm not sure Greeley is ready for an SSR, but this weekend will have perfect weather to go show it off. Have fun!

I have only seen one other SSR in the Denver area - a black one a few days ago in Aurora, where I live. Judging by the reaction I still get when I'm out in mine, I don't think many others have seen SSRs all too often, either. This is odd, since I know the dealerships are moving them. I don't think there's a 2003 left to be had in Denver Metro. I guess they're all being hidden, not driven. It's a shame. Geunther, are you hiding your SSR?

With all the talk about Zaino, I bought some Z1, Z2 and Z5 to try out this weekend. I already have a clay bar and some speed shine (Griot's products), and I'm ready to go. with temps in the mid 70's, Saturday will be a great first full day of spring! First, a little paint TLC, than a cruise to Sonic (the long way around, of course.:D )

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Tell us about the speed shine, please.

John, how about letting us in on the "speed shine." Is that a nick name for something or am in the dark concerning such. Zaino doesn't need any other products mixed with it; it is a complete finishing system in itself. BTW I have a first cousin that lives there in Denver during the hot weather and Dallas in the winter. She has invited me up several times in the summer, but I have not taken her up on it yet. I have been in Colorado but not in the Denver area. Don

R

·
0 Posts
Gatherings are great

I know the times my Corvette C5 friends gather, including when I have about 40 others come to Maine each summer for an event I host, it's a blast. The sight of 40 of anything is a row is amazing let alone when the vehicles are C5 Vettes or even more astounding SSRs. Maybe someday when there enough of us I can host an SSR event in the summer in the beautiful coastal Maine area.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Speed Shine is a product from Griot's Garage - www.griotsgarage.com - which is useful as a lubricant for claying, similar to the Zaino Wash. Once the claying is done I plan to wash the car with Dawn, so there will be a "blank slate" for the Zaino. I have some ZFX, however I still plan to do Z1 first, followed by some Z5 and then Z2, unless there's a reason I shouldn't use Z1 with ZFX-enhanced Z5.

Unfortunately, for the 45 days I was haggling with the dealership over this SSR, it spent it's time on the showroom floor, and had developed some scratches from the volume of traffic as well as the carelessness of the salespeople. They're minor, and I think the Z5 will do the trick.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Russr,

The coast of Maine would be a great location. Something like Old Orchard Beach comes to mind, with about 20 or so SSRs down by the boardwalk. I actually had a Buell ride end there last year. Nothing like 70 or so Harley motors running from the Beach up to Portland! Keep us in mind!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am going to an all Chevy show near Allentown on Sunday June 6
If anyone is interested in meeting there e-mail and I will send you more info.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
meets

I would love to travel to the midwest and north but since I can't take the 3 kids I can't be gone for that long. But would love to meet up with anyone in or around Texas. I am in The Colony, Tx 30 minutes north of Big "D". May be takin a rode trip to San Antonio to the Drag races. Have to check the dates but they are coming up soon.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
SSR GATHERING

Our local car club--WISE COUNTY ANTIQUE AUTO CLUB--sponsors a cruise-in on the first Saturday night of the month, beginning on May 1, 2004. The place is the historic courthouse in downtown Decatur, Tx. In addition to our regular car show, I have arranged to have a special class just for SSRs. Many of you have expressed an interest in meeting other members, so this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

Decatur is about 40 miles north of Ft Worth. We have between 75 and 100 cars on an average weekend. Registration begins at 4PM and is open until 7PM. Trophies will be awarded about 8:30.
The $10 registration fee all goes to local charities. I'll keep reminding you fanatics about this event.
Wayne

1 - 20 of 22 Posts