Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at least in my part of the Northeast.....

Last Saturday I had to shovel snow off the driveway in the morning, then the sun came out and melted the snow and dried the roads. I was busy in the garage polishing and detailing my truck and the wifes jimmy for most of the day. (Spring cleaning) When I was done, I had to fire up the Mellow Yellow Super Stress Reliver .

After a complete checkout, I boogied down to the local fillin' station for some super juice, and then proceeded to blow out some cobwebs. (actually quite a few)

Took it to the mall on Sunday to pick up a couple things. Just as many stares and waves as the first day I drove it home. The new paint work may have had something to do with that. Who cares it's alive and crusing ready.

Weather looks good till Tuesday. Not too warm but dry....... :) :) :) :)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Awww the first signs of spring up north, the SSR peers her nose out of the garage and feels the warmth of the sun shinning down on that beautiful Slingshot color. Soon she is inching her way down the drive, until she sees the open road and blue skies.

Brings a tear to my eyes, :lol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Awww the first signs of spring up north, the SSR peers her nose out of the garage and feels the warmth of the sun shinning down on that beautiful Slingshot color. Soon she is inching her way down the drive, until she sees the open road and blue skies.

Brings a tear to my eyes, :lol
Been hittin' the mud slides again, Machell :lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
to all those who have their ssrs put up for the winter __WHY___ Drive them, snow and rain and ice all wash off drive them every day and get the full enjoyment of owning a truely unique vehicle

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Warmer Days are coming

dohyatt said:
to all those who have their ssrs put up for the winter __WHY___ Drive them, snow and rain and ice all wash off drive them every day and get the full enjoyment of owning a truely unique vehicle
Living up in the BLIZARD ZONE we are used to waiting for spring/summer. Our boats, motorcycles, Corvettes and now SSRs will all wait patiently until the last bit of salt is gone off the roads. They are missed but not forgotten... we northerners live with the fond memories of warmer days. It keeps us warm inside during those LONG frigid days of winter!

If I wanted a daily driver I would move to the warmer climate all year around. BTW: hmm that’s not a bad thought... maybe move in with my twin Buffy? ;)

So while I hate waiting for spring to come ... I will never subject my baby to the cold, snow or salt.
:nono

·
Registered
137 Posts
dohyatt said:

I agree Don. It was the second snowiest winter on record here in RI with over 70 inches of snow. I am proud to say I only left the SSR at home on 2 occasions.

One year of ownership, 30,000+ miles......no regrets. :thumbs

·
Registered
904 Posts
I parked my cars and drove the SSR every day this winter, It went through the snow pretty good, It is not a Vette it is a truck

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Do a Northern Poll?

I bet ya if we were to poll ALL the northerners that have snow from Dec through March that almost all of them would say they park their SSRs etc throughout the cold blustery snowy winter.

What do ya think... ALL YOU NOTHERNERS?

·
Registered
180 Posts
In the garage for the winter

I am one of those northerners, way up north. :)
I am also fortunate enough to have a radiently heated garage for my bikes, motorcycles and tool stuff. :thumbs
Unfortunately I had to move my SSR out into the cold the other day because the garage needed to be drywalled. :nono
Out not driven, 5 coats of wax and ready for the weather to break.
As I have noted before there is a driving trip in it for me if the roads clear up.
I will be touring the Eastern seaboard to Daytona. :leaving
Already made contact with a few of you but it is still snowing here. :rant
I wish I could post a picture, right Mark NY?
Scott Doran #201 Redline Red :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Scott Doran said:
I will be touring the Eastern seaboard to Daytona. :leaving
Already made contact with a few of you but it is still snowing here. :rant
I wish I could post a picture, right Mark NY?

Two things:

1) If you get close to Atlanta, you'll have a place to spend a night
2) If you can't post pictures, PM me and we'll talk...............

·
Registered
162 Posts
i haven't been able to use the heated seats here for 3 weeks, it's too hot now. this weather has been ridiculously amazing. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
pesos said:
i haven't been able to use the heated seats here for 3 weeks, it's too hot now. this weather has been ridiculously amazing. :thumbs
OK, pesos, now you're bragging! :lol :lol

Speaking of another version of Spring has Sprung here in the Atlanta area, because of all of the pine trees that we have, from now until about the middle of April ALL cars become Slingshot Yellow in color because of all of the pine pollen!

I will take pictures soon of my other car (red) after sitting in the open for a while. Your LITERALLY have to turn on your wipers before you leave to clean a spot off to see!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Double-L said:
I parked my cars and drove the SSR every day this winter, It went through the snow pretty good, It is not a Vette it is a truck
That's good to hear. The other guys were starting to scare me. :)

One of the reasons I want the SSR is I'm hoping it's going to be better in snow than my old Z3 BMW.

I only have one car.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Here is Scott's Beauty!

Scott Doran said:
... Already made contact with a few of you but it is still snowing here. :rant ... I wish I could post a picture, right Mark NY?
Here ya go Scott! What beautiful scenery and of course a sweet Red SSR. :thumbs

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Freezer in snow?

Here is one I did for Freezer... he looks quite happy standing in the snow... oh wait that isn't snow is it? :jester

·
Registered
162 Posts
Buffy said:
OK, pesos, now you're bragging! :lol :lol

sorry couldn't help it :angel

i'm just way too excited about spring coming early... went top down cruising across the SF bridges the other day. here's a shot of the city from the bay bridge. then one from alcatraz island...

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Spring is not soon enough!

pesos said:
sorry couldn't help it :angel
i'm just way too excited about spring coming early...
STOP IT STOP IT... you are making me want to move down south somewhere lol wow such beautiful scenery and great sunny days!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts