Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A GREAT BIG HELLO: To all PACNW SSR Fanatics! How and the heck are you all?! Say I had a thought we could open the SSR season with a cruise around the Hood Canal Loop, A fun run we have done before and all enjoyed it a lot, here's a brief memory jogger for you fanatics. We all
meet downtown Port Orchard,Wa., at the Kitsap Cty Bank parking lot on Bay st. across from the Puget sound naval shipyard,view of all the mothball fleet and some new sub tenders in drydock currently, we could leave on a mutual day by all at 11:00AM heading up to the hood canal bridge, crossing the bridge heading towards Port Angeles, however, about ten miles west we take the hwy 101 exit heading back south through the Olympic Peninsula national Park, heading towards the Dosewallips area, there we stop and have lunch at the Halfway House Restaurant. After lunch, we continue our trek along the south shore of Hood Canal, going through all these little towns along the way, stopping at Twanoh State Park to stretch our legs and say our good byes until another time together>>> What ya say PACNW Fanatics?? Let me hear from ya!:smile2: PS: Iam thinking late April>>>> let me know your thoughts, please, thanks, Hal, PERMAGRINS FOREVER :grin2:
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES FANATICS? WELL LATEST FORCASTED TEMPERATURE FOR APRIL 25TH,2018 IS 74 DEGREES! THAT'S TOP DOWN WEATHER! :sunce::party

OK PACNW Fanatics, looks like we will shoot for April 25,2018(Wednesday) for our Spring Launch SSR Season. Meeting time 11:00AM Kitsap cty Bank parking lot, Port Orchard, Wa.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
Still snowin here!!!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Marc: I haven't heard from The Golf Club Boys,they usually make the whole event happen. AKA,Donny two shoes, Big bad Glenn, and Jack the man, they are always doing or going, hope they are available?! Let's hear from yoos guys already! :) Thanks again Marc, we will see if we can establish a day that works for the group. I put our SSR in the running for ROTM for April, however, the administration seems to be missing in action, had over 100 views ,but no voting capability?:nodno

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hi Hal. I wont be able to go. Probably having shoulder surgery down the road sometime. Driving Is out for me. Thanks Donny

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
I put our SSR in the running for ROTM for April, however, the administration seems to be missing in action, had over 100 views ,but no voting capability?:nodno
Hal, the "rules' say that entries close on the 20th of the month, but that has often been extended to allow for additional entries. Voting does not usually open up until very late in the month. If there are no additional entries, there will be no need for voting to open up.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Donny: Don't get wimpy on us, just have your loving co-pilot drive, that's easy, next! LOL, :)

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Ray: How the heck are you and Iris,? Hope all doing well! Looks like you have a nice turnout for your Penticton Show this June 2018. I have to go in for surgery In June to get my legs roto rooted,damn, artherschlerosis. Anyway all the best to you and your family. Take care have a great Summer! :) Hal

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Hi Hal,

The Third Golf Club Boy checking in. That sounds good to Sandi and I, let us know when so we can make plans. Have a couple of things to take care of on the SSR but they can be done before or after the run.

Thanks Hal for getting something started,
Jack and Sandi

:purple: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Jack & Sandi: Thanks for your loyal support, sounds great, see you two on April 25th 2018, kitsap cty bnk parking lot 11:00 AM OK> :) If weather turns to extreme rain we will cancel FYI, April is a crap shoot for sunshine or at least dry weather. :) It's Washington after all right! :) Take care guys>>

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hal,
As long as I don't need to put on snow tires or carry a raft you can count me in. Just call the weatherman and tell him the Fanatics need good or fair weather for this trip.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hal, We could go If Jack lets us ride In the back, But then again that lets us out, His R Is not Yellow?????????????????????? YIKES

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
spring launch

Come on Donny, you can't let the Golf Course Gang down, We have a reputation to up hold. What ever that my be.

:purple: :ssr :yellow: :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Jack & Sandi: Yeah, I looked at accure weather forcast, Wednesday the 25th ,2018 was the only potentially dry day, keep our fingers crossed, we need some :sunce: for sure, it' too gloomy of a ride if it's raining, not fun, so keep a positive outlook all, we're do this month!:yesnod

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey Donny: You asked what a Spring Launch was? Here it is, are you up for this?! Man if we don't start warming up, we'll all be snow sking!:party:cheers

Just click(watch Youtube)

I love watching these Olympic ski jumpers, they are so graceful, they just soar to a finish glide landing! In the late Fifty's Iron Mountain, Michigan had supposedly the largest ski Jump in the world, My good friend's Mom and Dad(Dr Repola), loved those people very much, took me to see a major event there, had competitors from all over the world,Japan,Finland,Germany, This video reminded me of that great day long ago!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
SPRING Launch

OK PACNW Fanatics: The SSR God's blessed us with some fantastic weather for the April 25th,2018 Spring Launch!

Do you believe in miracles, how's 74 degrees Fanatics for Wednesday the 25th of April, 2018! That's right! WOW!:sunce::party TOP DOWN DAY!

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
wow, you really lucked out with the SUNSHINE !!!!

Hal,

Sorry to miss this great run around Hood Canal with you all - I'm get David ready for Penticton after 7 weeks of REHAB and HORRIBLE FOOD (he says). He made it through Blood Clots, Bronchitis, and even Pneumonia. Tomorrow he comes to my house where I will make sure he does his daily PT exercises by first having him clean out all the expired food cans stored in my pantry.... !!! Lots of stretching and standing !!!

Of course in order to have him here with a walker, my passage ways need to be widened greatly so many items will be stored in the trunk of my SSR !!!:surprise:

Will wish you all a safe and great run!!! :sunce::sunce::sunce:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Sue

(PS: using this website is getting uglier and uglier......... passwords barely work any more........ GRRRRRRRRRR) Who on earth is managing this mess........????

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello Sue: Tell Dave we have him in divine white light always, seeing him getting stronger and happy with your wonderful care!
Thanks for taking care of your fun co-pilot! We love Dave stay well Buddy! Hal & Toni! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts