Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Michiganders! Looking to start planning a spring/summer run. One of my ideas is to hook up in Flint/Saginaw then take 23 N (Lake Huron View) up into Mackinaw Island. The scenery is spectacular. :thumbs

Looking for some feedback as to any other ideas and or if you like this one.

We need to stay away from May begining of June just in case we have the Super Special Run back to the Lansing Craft Center.

I would like to get things rolling so I can also post on the SSR Club site in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!!!!

http://michiganpage.homestead.com/michiganpage.html

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sound good to me. another nice route is up the lake Michigan side (m-22) from Manistee to Empire then up North Port and back down to T.C. that could be one day then the next day could be from T.C. up us 31 to Charlevoix,Petoskey. Harbor Springs then go up M119 thought the tunnel of trees to Cross Village.
If we can get enough people Jan can look into a group rate at some motel. If you need some help let me know I'll do what I can.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I have been thinking of looking at day run over here if you guys might come.
Possible 2 different auto museums, car hop burger joint, (4 acres under glass with house plants, put put, and small zoo with alligator’s buffalo exotic birds) drive to the tip of southern mainland Canada “Point Pelee National Park”. Carolinian forest, sand and water. The farthest point would be 1 hour from bridge. I could pick up the convoy there at the bridge.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scenic

wingrider said:
sound good to me. another nice route is up the lake Michigan side (m-22) from Manistee to Empire then up North Port and back down to T.C. that could be one day then the next day could be from T.C. up us 31 to Charlevoix,Petoskey. Harbor Springs then go up M119 thought the tunnel of trees to Cross Village.
If we can get enough people Jan can look into a group rate at some motel. If you need some help let me know I'll do what I can.

Wingrider,

I agree with you this is also another scenic route. You can't go wrong in MI by traveling via of the Lake Shore lines :thumbs

I think we will need Jan. Both of these runs are going to be a full MI weekend.

I'll keep this in mind also. Looking for some ideas for short runs too.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Canadian Friend

REBEL said:
I have been thinking of looking at day run over here if you guys might come.
Possible 2 different auto museums, car hop burger joint, (4 acres under glass with house plants, put put, and small zoo with alligator’s buffalo exotic birds) drive to the tip of southern mainland Canada “Point Pelee National Park”. Carolinian forest, sand and water. The farthest point would be 1 hour from bridge. I could pick up the convoy there at the bridge.

Rebel,

I'm all for a run to Canada :thumbs I like what you have proposed. I say we plan this one for sure!!!!! Let's get a date set. Tell me what month you would think that would be the best to view Canada.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Let me know one day run or a over nite deal and I will fill the time with stuff.

The Dairy freeze was opened in 1954 and still has car hops.
It’s located on county road 34 between Essex and Cottam.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/on/pelee/index_e.asp

http://www.swoheritagevillage.ca/

http://www.colasanti.com/

my weather is your weather.... I'm 1 hour south of you. I will watch for up coming car shows and events to help pick a date.

heritage village has photo op's could spend 3-4 hours
colisantis could spend 3-4 hours
point pelee drive thru 1/2 hour.... take board walk into the marsh and tram to point,plus beach time 3-4 hours
car hop for ..food 1hour ...just icecream 15 min.
other car museum 2 hours
mix and match, shorten /streatch
*All these spot are ding free spots, mostly open grass field parking

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
How about a over nighter?

hotrodgirl said:
Rebel,

I'm all for a run to Canada :thumbs I like what you have proposed. I say we plan this one for sure!!!!! Let's get a date set. Tell me what month you would think that would be the best to view Canada.

An over night trip through Canada to Niagra Falls would be fun also! Only a 4-5 hour drive.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feedback

Love what I'm hearing :thumbs

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll narrow it down shortly.

The Canada Trip is a go! I'll be working with Rebel and we will try and get that info out to you shortly.

Ray, I also like what you said about Niagra Falls. Maybe we can turn this into an overnight trip along with Rebel's ideas.

I would like to shoot for three to four runs (one of them being a MI Weekend Gettaway). The Holiday weekends will be rough for me as that's when I spend time camping with my family.

Scott, I hear you.......I hate the winter too! I thought this would give us something to focus on for the winter months and help pass the time.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Canada Run

OK Michiganders,

Our first run will be to Canada (Essex County). Looking to set the month for mid April beginning of May. So keep these months open. Dates to follow......
Rebel is going to be our lead off man. I am going to let him set this run up. I will notify all of you as soon as we have the schedule of events and dates set.

We will not be going to Niagra Falls for this run. This will be planned on another run at a later time.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
2nd Run MI SSR -Club

Plans are underway for the second SSR run. This will be in mid July. West side of MI up into Mt. Pleasant , Traverse City and stopping in smaller towns along the way.

This will be the MI Weekend Getaway. We will be looking into two night hotel stays along this route. Looking to hit a festival along the way. Many great photo ops on Lake Michigan side. Mark your calendars........more info to follow in the coming month. Special Thank You to wingrider as he will be assisting in the planning of this run. Get ready Great Lakes we are on a roll. Don't miss out on the fun!!!!

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Border Run-Canada

Rebel has e-mailed me all the information for the Border Run. He has done a great job in making this run a day filled with adventure. I will be posting this information shorlty. We are anticipating an early May run. More info to follow.

I also meet with wingrider a couple of weeks back in regards to the MI Getaway Weekend. I will be posting info on that run soon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
mid july run

Hotrod girl,
That mid July run sounds fun..............if CHEESE HEADS are allowed........

kroozn

·
Registered
158 Posts
cool, I'll leave the cows at home...............

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts