Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride a bumpy road I get quite a bit of body flex and the rear roof hinges or some other components make a lots of squeaks. Is this normal or can it be fixed? My vehicle manufacture date Feb 2004 and I am in the 6000's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
moonlight cruz said:
When I ride a bumpy road I get quite a bit of body flex and the rear roof hinges or some other components make a lots of squeaks. Is this normal or can it be fixed? My vehicle manufacture date Feb 2004 and I am in the 6000's.
Are you sure it is mechanical noise? I have noticed when the seat is all the way back against the rear of the cab that the leather itself squeaks and is very bothersome. I rubbed the back down with leather conditioner and it instantly stopped.
"Just a suggestion"

fiftiesnut

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeaky Hinges

I just fixed several squeaks and rattles in my 2004 SSR.

First make sure that the plastic side panels on the inside rear of the roof just in front of the rear glass (on left and right) are not loose. I had two plastic fasteners that just were not holding these pieces tight. Could not find larger diameter replacements so I inserted an 0.06" thick washer under the head to make the fit tighter.

If that does not work try tightening the roof mechanism. See responses under my "Resale and Rattle" email or contact me direct to discuss by phone.

Other than that, I assume that you have the typical loose seat and seat belt rattles under control and that they are not part of this problem.

If all else fails, remember how quiet the car was when you brought it home? Try emptying the console, glove box, change drawer, etc. and any other non-factory items in the car to see if the noise persists. You might be amazed.

Hope the above helps (anyone).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts