Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned and driven many cars iin my lilfetime from Corvettes, XK120 & 140
Jags, Thunderbirds '57 and most recently a 2004, the car traded in on my new 6 Speed SSR, done my share of drag racing both legal and street, but I never "met" a group of more fanatical owners. I sure did make the right choice with this sweet sounding get up and go "car". Glad to be aboard.

jhs

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
You're gonna lovit!

With the 6 speed, your left foot and right hand will be very happy. If you have other cars and other sets of keys you'll have to be especially watchful of your right hand as it will develop a proclivity for wanting to grab the SSR keys when you get ready to go anywhere. If some of your other rides are automatics your left foot may begin acting out. This is easily cured by three or four hours of SSR therapy. Also when driving other vehecles for any extended period your adrenal glands may develop a severe case of maliase. This usually requires emergency SSR therapy or you could get an acute case of hyper-boredom:sleep :sleep . It is best to practice preventative healthcare with liberal doses of redline shifting and vitimin D absorbtion, i.e. driving with the top down on sunny days. This can be accomplished winter or summer by getting a presciption for a Windsupressr. Just put the top down, roll up the windows and turn the heater all the way up and go!

There are many other wonderful things you will learn from all the great fanatics on the forum, so visit early and often. Ciao!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
"car"

jhs said:
I have owned and driven many cars iin my lilfetime from Corvettes, XK120 & 140
Jags, Thunderbirds '57 and most recently a 2004, the car traded in on my new 6 Speed SSR, done my share of drag racing both legal and street, but I never "met" a group of more fanatical owners. I sure did make the right choice with this sweet sounding get up and go "car". Glad to be aboard.

jhs
You meant truck --Right? :eek

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of SSR Motocross! :eek

.......................... :willy: ......................................:willy:

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Sorry to hear about your color choice...:jester :glol at least you got the 6 speed! :cool

Kidding of course - welcome to the mix:skep

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Enjoy Your Cool Ride.....

Howdy :seeya

RickSSR:cool

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSfanatical

BTW my daily driver is a 2003 Mercury Marauder (auto of course) and my wife drives a Diesel Benz, my contribution to energy savings

jjhs

·
OP
8,226 Posts
welcome

We are a motley crew, that is for sure. You have entered into a wealth of SSR knowledge, insight, and fun. Enjoy!:seeya

p.s., look out for that Buffy guy...:skep

1 - 20 of 30 Posts