Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my '05 Slingshot 1SB with Boards & Gauges #17518 yesterday! It was worth every minute of the almost 4 month wait! What a joy!! Could someone answer a question please? What is the purpose of the plastic adaptor piece on the driver's side of the console by where one's knee may rest? It seems likely that it would be the receptacle for the portable cup holder that goes on the passenger side. However, it is aligned in the opposite direction than the one on the passenger side and the owner's manual only refers to the portable cup holder as being meant to be on the passenger side. Is there a special accessory one that can be purchased for the driver's side? Cleavermodels

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
It is the receptacle for the Large removable cup holder. and on another thread, someone said that the piece attatched to the console is mounted differently so that when the seat is pulled to far forward it would push the cup holder out of the way and not break it and the attachment off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! However the direction of the groove to fit the cup holder is 90 degrees different than the passenger one. If I try putting the cup holder on it only opens facing the firewall or the seat. It seems to me that the cup holder on the'04 would fit either side, passenger or driver. I may be mistaken but I'm confused here. Cleavermodels

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
well that sounds like someone at the factory got it backwards. If you are ever going to use it on the drivers side I would worry about it . I am to short to have the cup holder on the driver side. And yes they are supposed to be interchangable.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
AAhhh...that cup holder thingeeeee

That large cup holder thing on the passenger side is an issue. Some how, somewhere along the way, the two tabs supporting the cupholder were broken. One completely off, the other half broken but, still attached. I believe it was done at the car wash when they moved the seat forward during cleaning, to vacuum the carpets.

Anyway when I took it to the dealer for the 15,000 maintenance check I told him about it, and he said "Well that is a warranty item, we'll order you a new one." They did, but the wrong item came in so it is now on reorder. Not received was the complete right side console panel which the tabs are mounted on.

I find it disconserting a vehicle of this caliber is saddled with a chincy plastic support piece which is not durable enough for some amount of "banging around". Maybe its just me.

Peace

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
GASP!!!! you take your baby to the car wash!!!!!! OH MY. I don't think when it was in the first stages of thought that they were even thinking of cup holders. Until someone said hey ..............someone might want to drink in this beauty. Hope its all fixed now.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
W/C66....Just back from the dealer for the replacement of the passenger side cup holder bracket. Tore the console apart to replace the vertical panel which the brackets are mounted. The total charge, which is covered by warranty, was $153. and change. That includes a new cupholder as well. FWIW... the panel number is #010377546. cupholder is #015138062 :)

About the car wash thing...now the guy in the detail area hand washes, dries, and polishes P/P. takes about an hour and $25 with a $10 tip and I'm home free. Love all the attention P/P gets when shes there. Now if I could get my wife....... :cuss

Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts