Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the past Saturday at the Syracuse Nationals, one of the largest car shows in the East. There were 7159 vehicles registered for the show. Takes place at the New York state fairgrounds. Attached are some pictures of the SSRs long lost relatives.

After 7 hours in the heat, I decided to call it quits. Only made a small dent in the show. Cars were there from all over the USA and Canada. Awesome show.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
SSR's in 50 Years

That will be our SSR's in (50) years! I hope that they keep the "Chervolet" badging and don't eliminate it like some of the vehicles in the picture.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

P.S. Very, very nice photos! :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I saw a few of those guys up at Niagara this weekend, a red chevy truck, and a few other good ones that had been at the nationals. They sure looked neat at the falls.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Naked

wildcat66 said:
All those trucks look great. I think our SSRs need a bumper!!!! We look naked without one!!!

What's wrong with being naked? I was born that way! :lol :lol :lol :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
180 Posts
Great photos!

:thumbs Appreciate you posting those shots Diamond Jim. Couldn't have come at a better time--I have been surfing on-line collector car websites for a '49-'53 3100 to restore and street rod to compliment my '05 Slingshot.

Just curious if any other Fanatics either already have an "Advanced Design" Chevy pickup or have been tempted to pick one up some time in the future. It is interesting that there are a lot of them still out there and all over the country. They go fast when priced well (I have already missed two that I thought were good deals).

To put it into perspective to the thread about fast depreciation of the SSR. The really hot looking 3100's (chopped, hot paint job, performance and interior mods) are usually in the 30-50K range and even the "project" vehicles are in the 5-10 K range! Yes, getting offered only 25-30 K for an '04 SSR really bites, but the time will come when they gain value again.

Yes it does sting a little when I see the deals available for the newbees, but I have had so much fun with mine I would do it over again in a heartbeat. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This has been the first vehicle I have ever owned with no intention of EVER selling or trading! I can't wait to get my hands on an early 50's 3100!

I agree with Wildcat about the front bumper (although "naked" is good too!). I think this is more of what Wildcat had in mind : :thumbs

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Kevin Honolulu said:
:thumbs Appreciate you posting those shots Diamond Jim. Couldn't have come at a better time--I have been surfing <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=on%20line" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: on-line'; self.lm_skeyphrase='on%20line'; if(window.event) self.lm_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.lm_timeout = setTimeout('lm_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.lm_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; lm_closeiframe(); self.lm_skeyphrase='on%20line'; window.status='Search for: on-line';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('lm_closeiframe()', 1500); ">on-line</a> collector car websites for a '49-'53 3100 to restore and <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=street%20rod" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: street rod'; self.lm_skeyphrase='street%20rod'; if(window.event) self.lm_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.lm_timeout = setTimeout('lm_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.lm_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; lm_closeiframe(); self.lm_skeyphrase='street%20rod'; window.status='Search for: street rod';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('lm_closeiframe()', 1500); ">street rod</a> to compliment my '05 Slingshot.

Just curious if any other Fanatics either already have an "Advanced Design" Chevy pickup or have been tempted to pick one up some time in the future. It is interesting that there are a lot of them still out there and all over the country. They go fast when priced well (I have already missed two that I thought were good deals).

To put it into perspective to the thread about fast depreciation of the SSR. The really hot looking 3100's (chopped, hot paint job, performance and interior mods) are usually in the 30-50K range and even the "project" vehicles are in the 5-10 K range! Yes, getting offered only 25-30 K for an '04 SSR really bites, but the time will come when they gain value again.

Yes it does sting a little when I see the deals available for the newbees, but I have had so much fun with mine I would do it over again in a heartbeat. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This has been the first vehicle I have ever owned with no intention of EVER selling or trading! I can't wait to get my hands on an early 50's 3100!

I agree with Wildcat about the front bumper (although "naked" is good too!). I think this more of what Wildcat had in mind : :thumbs
Now thats what I'm talkin about!!! Looks natural, and naked isnt' so bad :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
ok, Kevin... sweet looking... is that a real bumper or is it trick photography? If it's real, where did you get it?

·
180 Posts
Real Bumper, Owner unknown

Daven said:
ok, Kevin... sweet looking... is that a real bumper or is it trick photography? If it's real, where did you get it?
Daven,
The photo and bumper are real, but I'm afraid that I can't take any credit for that great looking vehicle. Whenever I have come across a REALLY unique SSR photo (usually from this site), I have simply been clicking the "save photo" icon and keeping a collection in "my pictures". I remember really liking the look of that SSR and actually saved it under "bumper." I also have saved a bunch of SSR's with different styles of flames and other mods.

If a Fanatic owns that vehicle, please let us know so we can congratulate you on a great-looking ride! :thumbs It would also be great to find out where and how they did that bumper mod. It really looks great, especially with those grille bars.! Great color scheme too!

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Well, I purchased a 93 GMC king cab for my son yesterday, to replace his 5 window 1948 chevy 3100. We decide it was time to restore it. He has owned it for 5 years and it had been modified by a previous owner 15 years earlier. We dropped a 350 engine, '78 front clip, new rear end, 5.0L alum. radiator, and turbo 400 tranny. He has done some custom body work (dents, etc.). The deal with him is to work on it as time permits and have new wiring, new interior, complete body restore, new gas tank, working orginial look gauges, etc. within a year. If he helps in between college breaks, we will negiotate ownership upon graduation. If no assistance, it stays in my hands. Color is undecided. He wants black fedders and red body with flames. I want Smokin' Asphalt w/ no flames.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
BIG JIM said:
Just what she needed a 53' Bumper.............
I hope you'll forgive this but I had to :) when I noticed that...

... it has some resemblance to a carnival bumper car.

·
180 Posts
How fun is that?

ssr3 said:
Well, I purchased a 93 GMC king cab for my son yesterday, to replace his 5 window 1948 chevy 3100. We decide it was time to restore it. He has owned it for 5 years and it had been modified by a previous owner 15 years earlier. We dropped a 350 engine, '78 front clip, new rear end, 5.0L alum. radiator, and turbo 400 tranny. He has done some custom body work (dents, etc.). The deal with him is to work on it as time permits and have new wiring, new interior, complete body restore, new gas tank, working orginial look gauges, etc. within a year. If he helps in between college breaks, we will negiotate ownership upon graduation. If no assistance, it stays in my hands. Color is undecided. He wants black fedders and red body with flames. I want Smokin' Asphalt w/ no flames.
Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the resto! From what I gather, it is relatively easy to find NOS parts, etc for the job. I like what you and your son are doing--the old classic vintage vehicles are great. Updating the drivetrain, suspension etc. allows you to have the vintage look while being able to enjoy advances in performance and driveability. :thumbs

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
flames or not!

ssr3 said:
Come on Dad, let the kid have his flames :party If you get that assistance, that is. :jester

1 - 20 of 20 Posts