·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6 Posts
mod ssr

Well I will have to say that it is to bad that someone would destroy such a Truck I think that the ssr looks just perfect the way it is. Yes a few add on's to make each person's ssr special but that truck is a bit much. What is up with that BS in the box.

K

·
0 Posts
Lighten up

Guys, what's next, are we going to start putting down different colors, or is my 03 the next subject of "flaming". This guy thinks his car looks good and the fact that some of my friends have seen this truck and say that the workmanship is great means that he will know the value of his modifications after he sees what the auctions brings. This auction is being held during a rally for the "traditional Hot Rods" he will find enough criticism at the rally. :nono

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
hood struts

did you notice the hood struts? I wonder how he modified it. we all could use one.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Hey, Stormin

Don't be dissing someone who puts his heart and soul into creating a work of art -

You should pick up a copy of Truckin Magazine - Stereo mods are a huge industry - even have their own section at the SEMA show.

It may not be to your liking, and I probably wouldn't do it either, but every car show I go to, there are several SUVs and cars with insane money spent on audio - to each his own.

I think the paint work is outstanding, the wheels are great, and the truck is supercharged, has nitrous and is lowered. I can appreciate how much work has gone into the truck, and I hope the owner can recoup his investment - I would expect this would go into the auction with a reserve.

PS - if you don't like what he did to the box, you probably won't like the Detroit Pistons truck with the mini basketball court in the box - I thought it was pretty cool.

Ray

·
Registered
705 Posts
this is not to put the guy down, it's my opinion.

I love all the mods to the engine but boy those colors are something else. I love the candy apple red the SSR has and don't like what he has done. But hey he is the one who drives it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Assume Truck

I saw this truck when it came thru on the power tour this summer and it is even better in person. It was done correctly and the workmanship was excellent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mods

OK you guysyou win yes it looks good it is not a put down, and as it was said to each there own. Quite right !!! But as each and evey one of you bought the truck because you like the looks and preformance or wanted to keep it for the future.But then again someone will always want to make it better or to there own stye. For those of you that can go back to a 1970 chevelle SS with LS6 4 speed ,when this car was seen all choped up , it looked cool for some!!today you would say what a sin to bad that was done to that car. I quess my point is that some things are ok if you can put it back to the way it was made!!!!!!!!!!! But someone will always have one out of the box!!!!!!!!!!!:boxing

C

·
0 Posts
Modified SSR at Auction

Thanks for the comments both positive and negative. I will post new pics of the coke trailer that has been added. The truck was on the Power Tour and the comments were overwhelmingly excellent. It must truly be appreciated in person while the workmanship is unbelievable.

The design behind the vehicle were a culmination of all involved, mainly with the Stereo fabricators and the body shop artists. It has been invited to SEMA and will be featured in magazines in the near future.

Although it did not sell in the auction (my choice due to a 10% commission as a seller and an 8% commission by the buyer) I had several interested buyers. The SSR is now going to Barrett-Jackson (Scottsdale) in January.

Joel

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Hi, Joel

Where will your SSR be in SEMA? - Looking forward to seeing it in real life. I've followed your conversion through the photos you posted, and have been expecting to see it in one of the truck magazines.

Will you be attending?

Ray

C

·
0 Posts
I will be attending to the "PR" of the SSR now that the auction is over. I had tentative commitments prior to the auction but will now finalize the next shows from the sponsors.

Thanx again for the positive comments - and IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY --- then read the chrome nitrous show bottle (duh supercharged / blown)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts