Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll.
Just thought I'd let you know that the SSR is in Minneapolis/St. Paul for the Back to the 50's show all weekend along with another SSR. It happens to be slingshot yellow with Kandy red flames. The flames appear to be kandy red over an orange base which gives it a differant cast from direct light than from off at an angle. Both are in the House of Kolors display area along with a 55 nomad, 34 ford sedan, 67 camaro convertable, 38 sedan, 94 S-10 (LOWERED), an Anglia, and four custom motorcycles. Not bad company to be around, and all look great in Kandy paint.
Had to come back tonight for my daughters birthday, and for my golf fund raiser on Saturday morning. Then it back on the road to Minneapolis Saturday afternoon with an overnight stay. Walk the show on Sunday and load up sunday night to come home once again.
Also talked with the guys from Newstalgia wheels in person. They are great people to work with. Very concerned if our e-mails were getting through and if everything was kosher with the wheels now. I told them were good and I would diffenately send more business their way, because I liked their prompt customer service, not to mention fair pricing and selection.
The guys from the BF Goodrich truck that was on the Power tour were there too. They wanted me to sneak my truck out of the House of kolors display and bring it over to their display instead. Kind of kool to be needed at so many places.
Here's a shot of the other SSR and some of the company we're with.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fuzzy, It was great to meet you on the HRPT and some of the others.

:thumbs Your doing a fantastic job of representing the SSR community.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Damn Fuzzy!

How does he drive that Anglia in the Minnesota SNOW?
:lol :lol

Also, check your email for your avatar...........

·
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How?

ssrodder said:
Just wondering?? Back to the 50's is for vehicles manufactured prior to 1972. How did you get your SSR on the grounds.
In this case House of Kolors and Valspar (it's parent company) requested that I bring it up for their big dispaly of vehicles that use their products. Mine wasn't in compitition for any awards at this show, but got a multitude of kudos for the work on the truck.

Something I thought was cool :cool is, that when I arrived the first day (thursday) at the gate the security guard asked me if I had a little one that matched the big one? When I told him I did he said he'd seen it on the Power Tour. Once I let him know that I needed to find the House of Kolors booth for dispalying the truck he allowed me to enter with out any credentials :angel . Pretty neat having a vehicle people recognize and appreciate. :thumbs

·
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i did

Yes the rims came in, but were in the worst condition I've ever had aproduct arrive in. I had to spend 16 hours wet sanding and polishing the rims to breing them up to am acceptable level before I'ld even put them on the SSR.
The people in customer service at Newstalgia were great working with me so that I could get them to a propper level of quality which the manufacturer should have done. And with out the help of the wheels manufacturer which I will not mention due to their poor product and non existant customer service (absolutely no response from them at all).
If you were thinking of getting a product from this manufacturer, I wouldn't reccomend it. Go with Colorado Customs, Foose, Billet Specialties, or American Racing as their quality is much better than the ones I received.
Good luck inyour search if you are getting differant rims.

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Hey, Fuzzy

Great posts on the power tour - any chance you can send it to the west coast for the rest of us???

I know you were on the road for a while - I had posted photos of the wheels I had built by Colorado - quality was first rate. Let me know what you think. The wheel I picked was a one-off they had built for SEMA, and they agreed to modify the computer program to mill a 6 bolt hub, to fit the SSR.

I had noted from your problems that welding flash on the backsides was a problem, so had them do a full show polish. I'm pretty picky, and I have nothing but praise for the quality of the wheels and the work Newstalgia did. I had offered to pay them to install the Dakota Digital senders, but they had no problem doing them.

Congrats on the response to your truck - well done.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts