Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Kenwood radio and it allows you to put your own image on the radio screen.

I have seen some of the members who have made their own screens. One recently had the outline of the SSR and Chevrolet on it.

I can't seem to find any of them.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RG. I know how to get the image on the radio.

I am looking for images that people have created for their radios.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
973 Posts
Thanks RG. I know how to get the image on the radio.

I am looking for images that people have created for their radios.
I can create a custom image for you if you know what you want. Here is what I have on my Pioneer radio.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Carlbush,can you make a image for me? I would like to to use the yellow truck in my post with SSR under it.Thanks,Dave

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used the artwork that was produced for the SSR! It is really cool, goes with our ride and there is somewhere around a dozen of them.....

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I am relatively new to the forum, but I too am interested in the possibility of updating my radio. It sounds like Kenwood may be the brand of choice. Is there a particular reason for that? I know that these radios can be quite pricey and it may be a while before I make the leap. But when I do, I want to make sure that I am getting the best possible product for the money the money spent. Any perspective that anyone has would be appreciated.

John
‘Sooner SSR’

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Thanks Carl.I'll take a picture of the radio after I get it down loaded.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I like the background. Thanks
Also to answer soonerssr,the Kenwood can be pricey, but sure drives the Bose speakers. Great sou d and I like the bluetooth connection for my phone. Also has camera options.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
973 Posts
I am relatively new to the forum, but I too am interested in the possibility of updating my radio. It sounds like Kenwood may be the brand of choice. Is there a particular reason for that? I know that these radios can be quite pricey and it may be a while before I make the leap. But when I do, I want to make sure that I am getting the best possible product for the money the money spent. Any perspective that anyone has would be appreciated.

John
‘Sooner SSR’
SoonerSSR, I installed the Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS. Works great in the SSR and retains the steering wheel controls. It supports Bluetooth, a backup camera, has multiple auxiliary inputs, and has a DVD player. The model is now a few years old so may no longer be available. I paid $229 on Amazon. Here is a link with a demo video.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
973 Posts
I like the background. Thanks
Also to answer soonerssr,the Kenwood can be pricey, but sure drives the Bose speakers. Great sou d and I like the bluetooth connection for my phone. Also has camera options.
Radio image looks good. If you need it moved left/right or up/down a bit, to be better centered on your display, let me know how much and I can resend the image. Cheers, Carl

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts

John
‘Sooner SSR’
The flaw in your plan is if you decide what you want and save up for it, what you wanted may not be available. That's bad and good, the good part is these units are constantly changing, usually for the better. If you decide a certain brand is best, it may not be when you are ready to buy.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts

John
‘Sooner SSR’
FYI,
I have JVC unit that works great. NOTE: Kenwood & JVC are owned by the same company and their units are almost identical. Their manuals list both Kenwood & JVC as the same units/models.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts