Chevy SSR Forum banner

Would you buy the SSR Badge for $60.00

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an offer to do the badges for us from the same business that is making the Valve Covers and Coil Relocation Brackets. He does great work with a CNC Machine and his attention to detail is first rate. The initial price quote is $60.00and they will be billet aluminum polished and painted in the hollow of the letters as the picture is in the other thread. I asked him to do a test badge and take a picture to post here. Please be honest in this poll and we can get this on the road now. Thanks in advance!

·
OP
8,225 Posts
several

At that price, I would buy several...

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Without GM's blessing

Without GM's blessing the value of the badge does'nt mean anything to me. Sorry I would not buy one...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well guys, I would if it has SSR FANATIC on it, that's our community, not GMs and doesn't need their blessing, only ours.

·
Registered
221 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Without GM's blessing the value of the badge does'nt mean anything to me. Sorry I would not buy one...
:agree

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:

:agree

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
41chevcoe said:
Well guys, I would if it has SSR FANATIC on it, that's our community, not GMs and doesn't need their blessing, only ours.

If they made one for the SSR Fanatic group I still wouldn't pay $60. bucks for it.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know that in order to get the GM Mark and Blessing they take a percentage of the total sale in commission up front. It really doesn't matter to me, it was offered by the company that is making the other parts for me. Just people trying to help. I think it would be nice to have and you could take it to any jewelry stor and have it engraved with whatever you want besides the SSR, like your VIN or other.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pm'd back and forth with Marc NY and decided to go ahead with the badges. I will try to keep them as simple as possible and order 50 at a time to keep the cost down. They will be made from Billet Aluminum and have the SS in black and the R in red, they will have a beveled edge and be polished.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7015

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Honestly, that is a pretty fair price ($60.00) for billet aluminum badges. I really don't care whether they are blessed by GM (when did GM become God?). One question, can we order it with our own vin number etched into it without any additional cost to us? if so, I would consider it.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The intial price quote is $60.00 a part, I will try to get the price down by ordering in bulk to save us all some money. I am only going to do the plain badges right now, it should be easy to get them engraved by a jeweler with anything you want. The more that is added to to it the more it will cost and the longer for production. I would rather not take any orders or money until I have them in hand. He is going to produce a prototype which I will display here.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I hope this will not kill the G. M. BADGE that was such a good idea. But with half the market split it probably will.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
REBEL said:
I hope this will not kill the G. M. BADGE that was such a good idea. But with half the market split it probably will.
I agree, but who knows if GM is going to come through & when?
If they don't, this is a viable alternative for some.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do hope that this badge does not intrude on GM making the badge. The billet badges could be used in other places then the waterfall area. With all the problems that GM is having right now with the closures I don't think they will have time to look at production of a badge. I know I would be pissed if I was loosing a job and at the same time money was being used to come up with a badge.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or to cause a split in the membership by doing the badge. I think it is a great idea that needs to be outsourced to bring it to reality.

K

·
0 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I do hope that this badge does not intrude on GM making the badge. The billet badges could be used in other places then the waterfall area. With all the problems that GM is having right now with the closures I don't think they will have time to look at production of a badge. I know I would be pissed if I was loosing a job and at the same time money was being used to come up with a badge.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or to cause a split in the membership by doing the badge. I think it is a great idea that needs to be outsourced to bring it to reality.

I Agree

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are there any members that have an engraver that could be used to personalize the badges? If so I can bulk order and pay for them plain then send them to a member that engraves them and sends them to the members.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts