Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR Bed Mat

8K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  SSR290 
#1 ·
I had the carpet kit in my 2004 SSR and I liked it a lot. Then I get my 2005 SSR without the carpet kit and I found that I really liked the look of the entire bed uncarpeted. The only thing I would want would be a bed mat just to line the bottom and to be easily taken in and out if need be.

I cannot find any after market bed mats for sale for the SSR although Gmpartsdirect.com seems to have some kind of mat (they call it large mat, or small mat, no pictures so I am not buying). So I raise the question: What are you using as a bed mat to those that do not have a carpet kit? If you are, what are you using? And, would you post pics?Also, if anyone knows about any bed mats availble lead me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

:confused :confused :confused :confused :thumbs

#3 ·
GMgoodwrench has a bed mat for sale as well but alas...no pics, no money from me. I dod not understand why GM has a bunch of accessories availble for the SSR with absolutely no Pics anywhere! The dealers I have gone to do not even have them! Part numbers do not mean a thing to me, show me the goods! I have money to burn GM get those pics up!

:lol

#4 ·
bed mats

jmpeez said:
I had the carpet kit in my 2004 SSR and I liked it a lot. Then I get my 2005 SSR without the carpet kit and I found that I really liked the look of the entire bed uncarpeted. The only thing I would want would be a bed mat just to line the bottom and to be easily taken in and out if need be.

I cannot find any after market bed mats for sale for the SSR although Gmpartsdirect.com seems to have some kind of mat (they call it large mat, or small mat, no pictures so I am not buying). So I raise the question: What are you using as a bed mat to those that do not have a carpet kit? If you are, what are you using? And, would you post pics?Also, if anyone knows about any bed mats availble lead me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

:confused :confused :confused :confused :thumbs

E bay had some that looked pretty nice and in two sizes for with or without saddle bags( hard ) :flag

#10 ·
I ordered a "custom" carpet, with proper bound edges, and am really happy with the results.

The contact info is:

RVandVan Surplus.com
888-303-8586 "Mark"
You could duplicate my order no. S33405

"42" x 50" charcoal carpet for SSR, bound edges"
ordered 2-21-05 $38+$14 shipping

They have other colors, but I wanted the closest they had to pure black (NObody offers truly black carpet!), so ordered "charcoal".

Jim G

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
kwhopper89: I do NOT think you could use the side saddles with my solution. I believe the side saddles requires access to the outside floor rails to fasten in, and my carpet covers those.

This was not a factor for me as I don't like the way the side saddles make the bed area far less versatile than what I want.

The SOFT side saddles, like Buffy has, MIGHT work with this arrangement.

Jim G

#14 ·
JimGnitecki said:
I ordered a "custom" carpet, with proper bound edges, and am really happy with the results.

The contact info is:

RVandVan Surplus.com
888-303-8586 "Mark"

They have other colors, but I wanted the closest they had to pure black (NObody offers truly black carpet!), so ordered "charcoal".

Jim G

My only concern with the carpet would be the scratching of the bed strips!!!

#18 ·
JimGnitecki said:

The contact info is:

RVandVan Surplus.com
888-303-8586 "Mark"

Jim G
I called them - price quoted was $49 plus shipping. I thought that was a pretty steep increase since February.

#21 ·
jmpeez said:
I quoted Jim's order and recieved the exact same price. Talk to Mark, seems like a nice guy!

Thaks again for leading the way Jim!

:thumbs
Mark was on the phone - probably talking to you. :lol Gal I talked to said she checked with Mark (I quoted Jim G's order number and date) and it was $49. Did you get the $38 price??

#23 ·
p/n for mats

The GM part numbers for the bed mats are as follows:

Bed mat w/side saddle storage 10391182

Bed mat w/o side saddle storage 10391181

found on www.gmpartsdirect.com but it does not provide pictures which is why I am not ordering until i can see pics.

#24 ·
I'm with you on not ordering 'til I see the product...

ampmop said:
The GM part numbers for the bed mats are as follows:

Bed mat w/side saddle storage 10391182

Bed mat w/o side saddle storage 10391181

found on www.gmpartsdirect.com but it does not provide pictures which is why I am not ordering until i can see pics.

Thats the thing about gmpartsdirect.com and gms accessory site for that matter, why do they insist on not showing what thier product looks like!?! :nono

I am not going to buy anything that I can not see before hand! gmpartsdirect.com could be $815.00 richer if they would just show me what the Richochet Silver running boards they have listed look like and assure/confirm that they are steps and not tubes like some have said! What gives? :confused

Anyway...rant over...I purchased my bed mat today for I think with shipping something like $59.00. Not too bad for a custom piece.

#25 ·
Cusrom Cargo Carpet

:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool

For those that want to go wild on Cargo Area carpet, check the attached pictures.
I finally had some time to get it put in today. I have them match my floor mats.

:thumbs :thumbs

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.