Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now i have just ordered an ssr book which according to a different link is pretty cool, which I am anxious to add to my ssr jacket, hat, shirt, pullover, license plate frames for both front and back, a no parking sign for the office door, a tow hitch cover, a toy truck to remind me that I should be out of the office and in the car, a clock for the office wall to remind me how much time is left before I can get in the car, zaino polish for the car, and who knows what else I have forgotten.

any other goodies out there?????

I am simply crazy for this car!

rick:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Rick,

I was wondering if the accessory book you have might have a cargo cover for the bed. I would hate to damage the wood strips by throwing a golf bag in the back of bed. I love to play golf but not at the expense of my new "child".

Ken

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
SSR Stuff

I've managed to collect:
1) 2003 Indy Press Kit w/ SSR photos on CD
2) 2003 SSR Press release from GM - also w/ HiRes photos on CD
3) Two of the limited edition posters (signed by members of the development team) - only 500 available. (Currently being expertly framed...)
4) The SSR book - on its way...
5) About 10 of the magazines (I've read it's been on 20) that featured the SSR on the cover.
6) Most of the stuff at SSRstuff.
7) A Hawaiian SSR shirt from: http://www.reyns.com/cgi/showitem.pl?ProductId=673
etc etc etc...

·
Registered
98 Posts
That Hawaiian SSR shirt was pretty cool. Especially since one of my other rides is a 1950 Checy pickup. I might have to add one to my collection also.

Hey Rick, did I understand that you got the SSR license plate frames off ebay?? Were they the chrome ones for 9.99 or 11.99 ?

If so, did they fit ok with the SSR plate frame from the factory?? And last, were they metal chrome, or plastic chrome?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Movin' On,
I like to see a picture of your 1950 one ton truck.

I might have a chance at getting a project truck, 1949 or 50 thats been in inside storage since 1960 after a head was blown on the engine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, let's see if I can get this to work.
Here's my 1950 Chevy 1-ton
Took me a year to do a frame off restoration. The 1 ton featured a 9' bed from the factory ( a little bigger than the SSR, although neither will probably ever haul much).
The bed is also set up to hydraulically dump. It has a PTO on the tranny.

That was easier than I thought.

MIke

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks

I really enjoy driving the '50. It kinda brings you back to simpler times, even though I hid a 6 disc cd changer in the glove box. But it stills shifts, steers and brakes like an old timer. No power anything.
When the weather gets nice here in NY, I'll try to get some shots of them together.
I promised my dealer, who sold me the SSR at sticker (Mt. Kisco Chevrolet) I would bring both of them to their dealership for a photo op too.

Mike

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
'59 Apache Stake

I had been the #1 in line at the local dealership - but after VIN #2 sold for 140k - they got greedy and wanted 35k over list (they didn't get it) - so on my way home - I came across the '59 for sale. Figuring I wouldn't end up w/ a SSR - I bought it as a project. Still trying to figure out if I want to restore it or sell it to someone that wants to.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
WOW
You all have posted some great pictures
'Movin on" it looks great
:cool :cool

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike,

sorry so long for the response but i was away.

i got both from ebay and one was the lower price and one the higher. i hadn't noticed the difference until i received them. the difference is the less expensive one has the ssr in red and the other in black. both seem very good quality and i honestly don't know what is under the 'chrome'.

i haven't put them on the car yet but they look like they will be fine.

rick

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike,

I noticed you're in Westchester. We should meet on the hutch and drive side by side! That would be a sight!

Even the cops would proabably smile.......

Rick:cool

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Mike with the 51 pickup. Very nice pictures. Explain how you did it, camera, pixels, method installing into your computer, etc. I'm camera shopping and looking for idea's. Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts