Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on my SSR do not seem as responsive as I would have thought. Certaintly nothing like my C5 'vette (not surprisingly) but neither do they perform as well as my '02 Silverado. Any one else have issues with the Brakes?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Brakes

Ditto on the brakes feeling "sluggish". It just seems like you have to push too hard to get the stopping response that you would expect.

Also, not to sound like a complainer, but it seems like my steering takes more effort than it should. I remember a while back that someone else mentioned this. Any thoughts on this? I think there was a response that GM was working on a steering improvement.

What a fun ride! Only 1100+ miles since delivery before Thanksgiving (not enough time to cruise!), but at least I'll always have something to look forward to when the weather really warms up. Now, if only they could clean up the filthy, corrosive air out here in So Cal and get the thousands of low-lifes and illegals with no insurance off the roads. . . .

·
Registered
136 Posts
2800+ miles and still fun. FL weather has been great for cruisin and steering and brake discomfort (cause they do work) are minimal. will wait to see if there is a problem once they figure it out. since we got to west central florida four weeks ago, i hadn't seen another ssr until yesterday. a red one cruised by but i really didn't have time to check it out.

black 2575

t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts