1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR BRANSON EVENT
LAWRENCE WELK RESORT AND THEATRE
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

Hey, SSR friends! I hope you all are doing well and having a nice summer, even with the challenges around us!

As I have had several SSR owners request that I put together an SSR event in Branson, Missouri, due to so many planned events being canceled, I have signed an agreement for a block of rooms for an event at the Lawrence Welk Resort and Theatre on October 1-4, 2020. The block consists of deluxe double queen rooms. Each room has a small refrigerator. The hotel accepts service dogs only. The cost per night is $89, plus tax. A valid credit card must be given at the time of reservation, and cancellation must be received 14 days prior to arrival or one night will be charged to the guest card on file. The phone number for reservations at the hotel is 800-808-9355. Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations, and you need to mention that you are attending the SSR event there to make sure and get the group room rate. Please make your plans early so I can add additional rooms, as needed. All rooms that have not been reserved will be released on September 1, 2020. Due to hotel reservation staff shortage, room reservations may be made from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible.

On Friday, October 2, 2020, for those who would like to attend the production, Noah, at the Sight and Sound Theatre, I have reserved tickets as a group for the 3:30 p.m. show. You will need to contact me and let me know you would like to attend. I have to give an accurate count of people attending the show and pay for the tickets by September 1, 2020. Price for each ticket is $56.44. You may pay me by check or PayPal, and further information regarding this will be given at the end of this letter. There is no refund for tickets unless the Noah production is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

On Saturday evening, October 3, 2020, we have a block of seats reserved for the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. at the Welk Theatre. Price for each ticket is $56.05. You will need to call and purchase your own tickets if you want to attend. The number to call for tickets is 800-505-9355. As with hotel reservation protocol, tickets may be purchased from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible. All seats have been reserved as a group, so, again, please mention that you will be with the SSR event. There is no refund for tickets unless the Lee Greenwood show is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

Before we attend the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert on Saturday, a meal will be offered as a private group at 5 p.m. at the resort. The menu items include the following:
  • Hamburgers, hot dogs, seasoned chicken breasts, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, seasonal fruit, dessert, and tea, coffee or water
The cost for this meal will be $20 per person, and this price includes tax and gratuity. Those wanting to make plans for this dinner need to contact me and send payment before September 1, 2020.

My information to pay for tickets for Noah, as well as the dinner, is as follows:

Pay Pal Account: Under email address of [email protected] Family and Friends

Mailing address to send checks:
David Fox
3118 W. High Point Street
Springfield, MO 65810​

In summary, here is a quick look at the weekend itinerary:

SSR BRANSON EVENT
BRANSON, MISSOURI
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

• Friday, October 2, 2020: Noah performance at 3:30 p.m. at Sight and Sound Theatre
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Dinner at Lawrence Welk Theatre at 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. (restaurant where dinner will be served is next door to the show theatre.)
We have one meeting room reserved that will be available the entire weekend for visiting.

I will be collecting money for the Noah tickets and Saturday evening dinner, as I have to pay for these in advance. Other activities will be planned, depending on number attending.

For any additional questions, you may email me at [email protected] or text or call me at 314-402-8307.

Hope to see you in October!

David Fox

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,616 Posts
You can count Ms Donna in, and Her driver.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
I would love to attend this event but I will bee heading for the C & CB in PA from either WI or MN and it is just a bit out of the way. Have fun!

Reactions: Redride

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Event Attendees: (or aka Covid Jail escapees) (60 convicts and counting)

David Fox - 2
Mike in AZ - 2
HotSSR - 2 TX
Zainossr - 2 TX
True Blue - 2 TX
Dinerman - 2 TX
TXNSSR - 2 TX
Ral 04 #5907 - 2 TX
Blueroadster06 - 2 TX
Rkenly - 2 TX
B-fast - 2 TX
Doyle - 2 - TX
Hunt - 2 - TX

SSRelay - 2
MicDonna - 2
cincyssr - 2
SWT RYD - 2
tennesseecozydog - 2
kart3d - 2
SSRLefty - 2
Snow 442 - 2
T Thomas - 2
Gittyupgo - 2
Red Line Dan - 2
JetMech7 - 2
Joe B. - 2
Big red ed - 2
A. Garrett - 2
L. Proctor - 2
Flame - 2
1lowssr - 2
Fun2Run - 2
and YOU...

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I signed up for the CB in PA. Everything going I now. Who knows.

I would like to attend both. I will have to see what happens on the Covid.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Think I'll try Branson one more time, sounds good to me, Will be driving over on Friday October 2nd so put tennesseecozydog down for 2. Hope to get there sometime Friday in the afternoon. Negatory on Saturday's activities. 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

·
Registered
2004, Red, Automatic
11 Posts
SSR BRANSON EVENT
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

Hey, SSR friends! I hope you all are doing well and having a nice summer, even with the challenges around us!

As I have had several SSR owners request that I put together an SSR event in Branson, Missouri, due to so many planned events being canceled, I have signed an agreement for a block of rooms for an event at the Lawrence Welk Resort and Theatre on October 1-4, 2020. The block consists of deluxe double queen rooms. Each room has a small refrigerator. The hotel accepts service dogs only. The cost per night is $89, plus tax. A valid credit card must be given at the time of reservation, and cancellation must be received 14 days prior to arrival or one night will be charged to the guest card on file. The phone number for reservations at the hotel is 800-808-9355. Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations, and you need to mention that you are attending the SSR event there to make sure and get the group room rate. Please make your plans early so I can add additional rooms, as needed. All rooms that have not been reserved will be released on September 1, 2020. Due to hotel reservation staff shortage, room reservations may be made from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible.

On Friday, October 2, 2020, for those who would like to attend the production, Noah, at the Sight and Sound Theatre, I have reserved tickets as a group for the 3:30 p.m. show. You will need to contact me and let me know you would like to attend. I have to give an accurate count of people attending the show and pay for the tickets by September 1, 2020. Price for each ticket is $56.44. You may pay me by check or PayPal, and further information regarding this will be given at the end of this letter. There is no refund for tickets unless the Noah production is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

On Saturday evening, October 3, 2020, we have a block of seats reserved for the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. at the Welk Theatre. Price for each ticket is $56.05. You will need to call and purchase your own tickets if you want to attend. The number to call for tickets is 800-505-9355. As with hotel reservation protocol, tickets may be purchased from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible. All seats have been reserved as a group, so, again, please mention that you will be with the SSR event. There is no refund for tickets unless the Lee Greenwood show is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

Before we attend the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert on Saturday, a meal will be offered as a private group at 5 p.m. at the resort. The menu items include the following:
  • Hamburgers, hot dogs, seasoned chicken breasts, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, seasonal fruit, dessert, and tea, coffee or water
The cost for this meal will be $20 per person, and this price includes tax and gratuity. Those wanting to make plans for this dinner need to contact me and send payment before September 1, 2020.

My information to pay for tickets for Noah, as well as the dinner, is as follows:

Pay Pal Account: Under email address of [email protected] Family and Friends

Mailing address to send checks:
David Fox
3118 W. High Point Street
Springfield, MO 65810​

In summary, here is a quick look at the weekend itinerary:

SSR BRANSON EVENT
BRANSON, MISSOURI
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

• Friday, October 2, 2020: Noah performance at 3:30 p.m. at Sight and Sound Theatre
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Dinner at Lawrence Welk Theatre at 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. (restaurant where dinner will be served is next door to the show theatre.)
We have one meeting room reserved that will be available the entire weekend for visiting.

I will be collecting money for the Noah tickets and Saturday evening dinner, as I have to pay for these in advance. Other activities will be planned, depending on number attending.

For any additional questions, you may email me at [email protected] or text or call me at 314-402-8307.

Hope to see you in October!

David Fox
Just started a new job so as much as I'd like to make this my first SSR event and my first road trip - it ain't gonna happen. I'd approach my new bosses with a request for the time off but as I read elsewhere in this forum, "If you don't own one, you wouldn't understand". That, by the way, is the message on my soon-2-B printed shirts.
Two suggestions for those attending the event:
1. If you like golf, you'll think you've died and gone to caddyshack heaven.
2. If you like old school Motown check out the Motown Revue. You and your Mrs/Mr. or you and someone else's Mrs/Mr will be dancing and singing in the aisle of this small intimate venue.
Bob

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Count us in ! - Jim & Lois will be there, can't wait to escape Illinois.
Well, pack up and move then ... to Tennessee, seems like everybody else is moving here !!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Think of the money you and Lois will save ... no Cardinal season tickets, that's at least 6 or 7,000 dollars. Might see ya' in Branson. Bob Alexander.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We are getting settled in in our new Grand Lake home near Afton This is last move. Not that far to Branson! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Daryl Starbirds Museum is just a few miles from us. 6 miles off of I-44

·
Registered
41 Posts
We aren't far as well. Claremore is only 3.5 hours away. Haven't spoken to the wife yet but I'm betting you can count us in as well. We'd come in on the 2nd and bug out on the 4th. I'll give the hotel a ring tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Add Jim & Cindy

Reactions: kart3d and Dinerman

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
A little over 70 days out. I guess we will have to play it by ear. We would love to as it is an easy day's drive. But if it is like it is right now we wouldn't feel comfortable, but who knows.

The C/CB was canceled today. We thought originally that if the Covid let up we could do Branson and then on to some Civil War sites to C/CB and then to Niagara Falls. This whole deal is just the Bidens.

Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just made our hotel reservation. This will be our first SSR event and really looking forward to it. This will also start my first day of retirement. 👍

Jim

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
I would love to attend this event but I will bee heading for the C & CB in PA from either WI or MN and it is just a bit out of the way. Have fun!
I guess that with all the changes that have taken place I do not know where I will be so Plans may change. I will check in when I know more.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts