Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
SSR BRANSON EVENT
LAWRENCE WELK RESORT AND THEATRE
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

Hey, SSR friends! I hope you all are doing well and having a nice summer, even with the challenges around us!

As I have had several SSR owners request that I put together an SSR event in Branson, Missouri, due to so many planned events being canceled, I have signed an agreement for a block of rooms for an event at the Lawrence Welk Resort and Theatre on October 1-4, 2020. The block consists of deluxe double queen rooms. Each room has a small refrigerator. The hotel accepts service dogs only. The cost per night is $89, plus tax. A valid credit card must be given at the time of reservation, and cancellation must be received 14 days prior to arrival or one night will be charged to the guest card on file. The phone number for reservations at the hotel is 800-808-9355. Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations, and you need to mention that you are attending the SSR event there to make sure and get the group room rate. Please make your plans early so I can add additional rooms, as needed. All rooms that have not been reserved will be released on September 1, 2020. Due to hotel reservation staff shortage, room reservations may be made from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible.

On Friday, October 2, 2020, for those who would like to attend the production, Noah, at the Sight and Sound Theatre, I have reserved tickets as a group for the 3:30 p.m. show. You will need to contact me and let me know you would like to attend. I have to give an accurate count of people attending the show and pay for the tickets by September 1, 2020. Price for each ticket is $56.44. You may pay me by check or PayPal, and further information regarding this will be given at the end of this letter. There is no refund for tickets unless the Noah production is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

On Saturday evening, October 3, 2020, we have a block of seats reserved for the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. at the Welk Theatre. Price for each ticket is $56.05. You will need to call and purchase your own tickets if you want to attend. The number to call for tickets is 800-505-9355. As with hotel reservation protocol, tickets may be purchased from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only. If your call is transferred to voice mail, they request that you please leave a message and they will return your call as soon as possible. All seats have been reserved as a group, so, again, please mention that you will be with the SSR event. There is no refund for tickets unless the Lee Greenwood show is canceled; then, tickets will be fully refundable.

Before we attend the Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert on Saturday, a meal will be offered as a private group at 5 p.m. at the resort. The menu items include the following:
  • Hamburgers, hot dogs, seasoned chicken breasts, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, seasonal fruit, dessert, and tea, coffee or water
The cost for this meal will be $20 per person, and this price includes tax and gratuity. Those wanting to make plans for this dinner need to contact me and send payment before September 1, 2020.

My information to pay for tickets for Noah, as well as the dinner, is as follows:

Pay Pal Account: Under email address of [email protected] Family and Friends

Mailing address to send checks:
David Fox
3118 W. High Point Street
Springfield, MO 65810​

In summary, here is a quick look at the weekend itinerary:

SSR BRANSON EVENT
LAWRENCE WELK RESORT AND THEATRE
BRANSON, MISSOURI
OCTOBER 1-4, 2020

• Friday, October 2, 2020: Noah performance at 3:30 p.m. at Sight and Sound Theatre
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Dinner at Lawrence Welk Theatre at 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 3, 2020: Lee Greenwood and T.G. Sheppard concert at 7 p.m. (restaurant where dinner will be served is next door to the show theatre.)
We have one meeting room reserved that will be available the entire weekend for visiting.

I will be collecting money for the Noah tickets and Saturday evening dinner, as I have to pay for these in advance. Other activities will be planned, depending on number attending.

For any additional questions, you may email me at [email protected] or text or call me at 314-402-8307.

Hope to see you in October!

David Fox
Magi and I plan on going so that’s 2 more joe b and magi

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,660 Posts
Bump

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Just made my Reservations at the Lawrence Welk Resort for October 2nd & 3rd for the Branson SSR Rally October 1, 2, 3 & 4, 2020 !!! :) :) :) :) :) 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) tennesseecozydog and tennesseecozyette !!!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Hey, my fellow SSR Fanatics. Only two weeks to decide if you are going on this "get out of Covid Jail" event. Man, I know I am ready for some SSR fellowship.

Call David Fox today.

See ya down the road.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
OK... my fellow fanatics. Just another week lest to get on to the BRANSON, MO. train. We have 26 trucks heading out for some R&R. Let David Fox know if you are coming.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
Looks like HUAW and Thunder will be making the trip! My 45th highschool reunion has been cancelled as well as the Chocolate/Covered Bridge Tour as well! Road trip here I come! I'll call the hotel tomorrow and touch base with you as well David!

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
Well crap! I just got a reminder on my calendar today that my niece is getting married October 3rd! I am thrilled for her because she is marrying a great guy but I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed not to be able to make the trip after all. If it was a 6-hour drive maybe I could have made it for the first two days. But 10 hours is going to be a bit much. Hope you all have a good time and I will look forward to the pictures!

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Iowa! We have just determined we will be able to attend this event and have made our reservations! We are very excited and anxious to meet other Fanatics! - this is the first time we will be attending an event like this!

God willing - and no more "Iowa hurricanes" - we will see everyone soon! Mark and Laura

·
BLU SSR
3,365 Posts
Hello from Iowa! We have just determined we will be able to attend this event and have made our reservations! We are very excited and anxious to meet other Fanatics! - this is the first time we will be attending an event like this!

God willing - and no more "Iowa hurricanes" - we will see everyone soon! Mark and Laura
Hey,@Fun2Run , Mark & Laura Welcome! I'm sure Nick will be around to encourage you to fill out your profile information. Meanwhile, where in Iowa are you located? We may not be far away from you here in Quincy,Illinois--the western most point in Illinois.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,@Fun2Run , Mark & Laura Welcome! I'm sure Nick will be around to encourage you to fill out your profile information. Meanwhile, where in Iowa are you located? We may not be far away from you here in Quincy,Illinois--the western most point in Illinois.
We live in Toddville, just north of Cedar Rapids. So maybe 2.5 hours apart? Are you driving down on Thursday?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts