Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This the reply from an email to a company in Okla. that does plastic repair. Now I have something to use with my dealer. :)

HAPPY CRUISIN'

"The front cover would need to be removed. Then an epoxy repair performed on the inside and the outside of the bumper where the holes are. The next step is priming and refinishing the bumper: basecoat/clearcoat. The process should take up to 3 days to allow adequate cure-time. We would normally charge about $ 375 to $450 (without physically seeing the vehicle). I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting our site, and be sure to check-out our awesome product line! They were designed for top-end vehicles like the Chevy SSR. Have a great day- mike brooks"

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Machell, any qualified body shop can do a satisfactory repair on these holes. There is a repair substance made for this sort of thing. The price might be a bit high. I would think that you could get done for maybe $300, perhaps even a little less.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
bumper

The bumper doesn't need to be removed, i repaired and painted mine on the truck. Just check around some qualified body shops in your area because it can be repaired and only the grille shaped part repainted. You don't want to paint the whole bumper because there is NO repaint that i have seen that lasts like the factory paint.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dropped of the SSR at the dealer so they could fix the marks they put on them, two of which were on the front bumber when they tried to install the plate holder in the wrong spot. Tried to talk them into fixing the other four holes with little or no cost. They say because the holes go all the way through the bumper will have to come off, so we will see in 3 days how good a job they did. They said the cost would be between 200 - 300, They can't be sure on that because they have no data for the SSR yet.
They are looking into the radio AVOL problem. I had to show them that there was no high, med. or low settings just on/off. They seemed surprised and said they would call GM. They are looking at the leaks on the driver and passenger windows too. They said that most convertibles have this problem even the Vet's, I said I don't think so and this leak is caused by the water getting into the track of the seal and dripping inside and I want it fixed. They told me that they have 2 guys that went to Lansing for training on the SSR, I told them that made me feel a little better.
They told me they use soap and water to wash before, I said no you use only water or I will bring my Zaino for them to use. They said we won't wash it then.

I also told them to check out our web site here, lots of info and maybe they can learn just what this truck means to us. :flag
They gave me a Chevy Malibu ES to drive. Nice radio has temp on it. (Figures) Other wise great speed, seems fast enough and light. Not the big hunk of steel like we drive. but I am not a car fan.
I did crawl under my truck before leaving the house, saw no rust. And I didn't ask them, sorry I forgot.
Drive and extra mile for me fellas' Happy Cruisin'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts