Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't met you in person but I can tell that you are the perfect choice for the MODERATOR! Love the artwork too! We will miss Troy and are very thankful for all his hard work to give us this site. THANKS :cool
Do you think you could come up with an official business card(you are great with the graphics) for the site that we would be able to give to new owners we meet with SSR's that don't know about this wonderful site, and the people that provide so much vital information.
Sometimes I see the SSR but not the owner or someone will come up to me and tell me that they know a friend that has one and I don't have a good way to give them the info about this site. :thumbs
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Do you think you could come up with an official business card(you are great with the graphics) for the site that we would be able to give to new owners we meet with SSR's that don't know about this wonderful site, and the people that provide so much vital information.
Sometimes I see the SSR but not the owner or someone will come up to me and tell me that they know a friend that has one and I don't have a good way to give them the info about this site. :thumbs
Hey Wildcat66 (and Marc),

Just threw this together in a few minutes, but it's a good start and will give us something to give out to other SSR owners OR anyone else who love our "babies".
 

Attachments

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffy said:
Hey Wildcat66 (and Marc),

Just threw this together in a few minutes, but it's a good start and will give us something to give out to other SSR owners OR anyone else who love our "babies".
I really like it. maybe in grayscale just for cost effectivness. A place to leave our name on it would be nice too. Great Job. :thumbs
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
My 2 cents.

If the card could be set up in a word doc we could all print them on our own. Any office supply store will sell precut business card stock. Just put it in your printer and instant cards. Format could be left open for a space for a name if you want.

If there is a demand for large quantity I have a good friend that has a print shop. I could work out some sort of price for large quantity printed, small quantities shipped to seperate addresses.

Just be sure to have Troy and/or Marc ok the final design before printing.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Great Work

dingbat said:
My 2 cents.

If the card could be set up in a word doc we could all print them on our own. Any office supply store will sell precut business card stock. Just put it in your printer and instant cards. Format could be left open for a space for a name if you want...
Again, I admire Buffy's great work up there... as always he is very creative! :thumbs I like his layout using the forum's banner as a header on that image and the font suits it well too. I can see two easy ways we can do this, one is to ask Buffy to repost a higher resolution jpg image so that we all could save/ download it off our web page and use it ourselves or perhaps we could get it in a word document as an attachment from someone that creates one where we could add one's name to it if you wanted to. (Although one could easily add a name to a jpg image through the use of a Photo Editing software program).

Using a precut business card that you can get from any office supply store is the least expensive way. Printing would be more expensive for those who might want to include his or her name on the card and have it look even more professional.

Ps Myself, I would like to give the jpg or word document a try out first to see how it looks and go from there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Cards

I took the image off the thread last night, opened it in photoshop, sized it to 3 1/2 by 2, saved it and opened it in word and printed out one sheet of business cards. Worked great.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Image

lloger said:
I took the image off the thread last night, opened it in photoshop, sized it to 3 1/2 by 2, saved it and opened it in word and printed out one sheet of business cards. Worked great.
Yes lloger good point... I forgot to think about the resizing feature in Photoshop where we can do that. Just take it off the web page and resize to fit your needs. Edit it and perhaps add your own name etc. :)

Ps. It works but the image looks a little grainy... trying to figure out how to get higher image quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
This image will also be perfect for setting up a full size fact sheet on the car when displaying it at shows. Great work Buffy :thumbs
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
lloger said:
I took the image off the thread last night, opened it in photoshop, sized it to 3 1/2 by 2, saved it and opened it in word and printed out one sheet of business cards. Worked great.
I think lloger has the answer.

Also, I know the image on my thread looks "pixelated", but you are looking at an expanded (enlarged) view. When you reduce it down to fit on a business card, it looks pretty good.

Comments?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Business Cards!

Buffy said:
I think lloger has the answer.

Also, I know the image on my thread looks "pixelated", but you are looking at an expanded (enlarged) view. When you reduce it down to fit on a business card, it looks pretty good.

Comments?
I agree Buffy,

I think it looks good... especially when you can edit it, and you can include your name too. :thumbs

 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Marc. I'll run off some more of my personalized cards right now. I see I finally made it to Pit Crew status.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
cards

lloger said:
Thanks Marc. I'll run off some more of my personalized cards right now. I see I finally made it to Pit Crew status.

HI lloger,

I just thought I share some ideas or samples with everyone to see what the others might like the most. If you like one particular style I can make you up one and post it or email it to you.

In regards to the Pit Crew status, that was revisited when I had asked Troy to see if he would consider making myself and the other regulars on here that status. We talked about what criteria we thought would work and we agreed on the following:


1 - Have to be a supporting member
2 - Member for at least 90 Days
3 - Have at least 90 postings
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,223 Posts
Great job on the cards, Marc

Can you modify the upper third at all? The Red SSR and the drawing of the concept are stretched a bit vertically, making them look a bit tall. I'm afraid I'm too much of a techno wienie to dig into Photoshop -

Ray
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Flassh said:
Great job on the cards, Marc

Can you modify the upper third at all? The Red SSR and the drawing of the concept are stretched a bit vertically, making them look a bit tall. I'm afraid I'm too much of a techno wienie to dig into Photoshop -

Ray

Here Marc,

Try this one. I de-stretched the top (Thanks Flassh for pointing that out) and I left y'all plenty of room to add your name & stuff at the bottom.
 

Attachments

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Marc NY said:

HI lloger,

I just thought I share some ideas or samples with everyone to see what the others might like the most. If you like one particular style I can make you up one and post it or email it to you.

In regards to the Pit Crew status, that was revisited when I had asked Troy to see if he would consider making myself and the other regulars on here that status. We talked about what criteria we thought would work and we agreed on the following:


1 - Have to be a supporting member
2 - Member for at least 90 Days
3 - Have at least 90 postings
Yeah I am a Pit Crew Member too! Y'all have done a great job on the business cards :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
You can get Photoshop LT (lite?) for about the same price as the full blown Photoshop. Except the LT version is bundled with one of a variaty of digital cameras. The camera that came with my copy was an Olympus. :)

:) Ok, I'll fess. I bought the Camera and the LT version came with it. Seriously unless you are a pro, the LT has the ability to all the tricks seen in the photochopped images seen in this forum.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Perfect!

Buffy said:
Here Marc,

Try this one. I de-stretched the top (Thanks Flassh for pointing that out) and I left y'all plenty of room to add your name & stuff at the bottom.
NICE WORK BUFFY!!! I knew you wouldn't stop until it was perfected... ;)

If anyone wants a custom one made up you can ask one of us on here to make one up for you. I have had a couple of requests already...
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI Hugh,

Again, thanks to Buffy for recreating this image. :)

I hope this might work for you... if you want me to make any changes please let me know.


Regards, :seeya


Marc,

It really looks great! Thanks! But...if you would, could you change the spelling of my name to "HUGH"?

Thanks,
Hugh

So sorry Hugh ... I was hoping you wouldn't see it before I go a chance to change it... :banghead

BTW I have HUGE on my mind... there is a dealership in my area and all you hear around WNY area his HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE commericals all day long! :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 445 Posts
Top