Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My SSr is causing problems with my neighbor,co-workers and family.I have a next door neighbor who for years we tell each other how great there new vehicles are but now he can't look at much less come over and check it out.
I work with 20 people in an electronics company in Richardson.Half love her and are happy for me because they know I have wanted one since I saw the purple concept SSR at the Dallas auto show.The other half can't look at or talk about it.
The worst is my brother in -law and sister in- law.For two weeks they know I got her but had not seen her yet.They never asked anything about the truck.This last weekend we had a family get together.My brother in -law,sister in -law and there two children walked past the truck parked in the driveway and never look at it.When they came into the house they never said a word about it. Maybe I should move,get a new job and avoid the in -laws.Envy is a terrible thing to waste.

Drop Dead jealous

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Don't Sweat It!

Some people are just like that-remember if your happy with your decision don't worry about anyone else.

I had a girlfriend that had bought a new Ford Mustang. I went to look at hers and told her how happy I was for her and that I liked it. Thinking she would look at mine-but passed right by it. She had never seem mine either! I just take it for what is worth----nothing. Some people are just ignorant!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
No worries

You are not alone in this...... I have had some revelations in the same areas. :yesnod

Enjoy your ride. This type of input can open your eyes to some personality issues that you never knew were there. You may use it as a filter.

Let the ones that are giving you heartache figure out what to do with the envy. It's their issue, not yours. :thumbs

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Drop dead red said:
Hi, My SSr is causing problems with my neighbor,co-workers and family.I have a next door neighbor who for years we tell each other how great there new vehicles are but now he can't look at much less come over and check it out.
I work with 20 people in an electronics company in Richardson.Half love her and are happy for me because they know I have wanted one since I saw the purple concept SSR at the Dallas auto show.The other half can't look at or talk about it.
The worst is my brother in -law and sister in- law.For two weeks they know I got her but had not seen her yet.They never asked anything about the truck.This last weekend we had a family get together.My brother in -law,sister in -law and there two children walked past the truck parked in the driveway and never look at it.When they came into the house they never said a word about it. Maybe I should move,get a new job and avoid the in -laws.Envy is a terrible thing to waste. Drop Dead jealous
Its not that they dont want to say something, its just that they are totally dumbfounded, and dont know where to begin. Its just the opposite of what happens when you win the lotto. When that happens you cant get people to shutup.

I say enjoy the silence while you may.

And where in Richardson do you work? Ever eat at Razoo's? I have upon occasion hit it for lunch and "Rat Toe's"

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Don't Worry, Be Happy

My mom threw a fit when I told her I wanted an SSR. She did everything to convince me that it was a bad decision. :nono Now that I have it, she brags to all her friends, aquaintances, and even strangers about my "BAD TRUCK" and she is the first one in line to ride in it. :jester Do what makes you happy and to he!! with the rest of them. :mad One day cruisin' in my truck is worth any crap I get from friends? and relatives. ENJOY :ssr The way I look at it, we get the last laugh :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Does your mom know your husband wants one too? Shhhhh Mum's the word.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Moms, gotta love em'

I'll Let HIM deal with his MOTHER on that one! :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
Is it Envy or Not?

You will find that there are many people in this world who are jealous and also very envious of others. If I saw a friend or family member's new vehicle (even if it was a used vehicle) I would show interest in it just because I love cars so much and also out of common courteously.

Even if I wasn't a fan of that particular car manufacture I would still find something nice to say about it. Hey nice car or what a super color, great style, or find something that you can talk about. Heck it is so nice to have a new vehicle isn't it? How do you like it? What feature do you like most about it etc etc.

To say nothing or to ignore it might be just their way of life ... so don't be too offended you will find many others that will want to share in the fun and ask you tons of questions.

Remember to smile, not everyone can say they owned a "one of a kind" vehicle. To me it is an instant "Classic" in my book! :thumbs

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Thanks for the inputs.I'm glad no one suggested that I sell the best automobile I've ever owned and that friends and family are more important than any truck because I would have had to added you to my Drop Dead List. Drop Dead again

·
Registered
407 Posts
Drop Dead,

Make sure you use Zaino on your new baby so that when all those people walk by pretending not to notice, they clearly see themselves as who they really are (in the reflection staring back at them)!

Hell my wife will not even sit in my car and I've had it for close to 2 years! Don't let it get you down!

Rick

·
Registered
254 Posts
Drop Dead Red, you missed

a golden opportunity to have some fun. When they came over and wouldn't talk about your truck you should have referred to it over and over during any conversation. I guess I just like to needle people who can't see pleasure in others. :boxing

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I could post there cell phone #'s and after a few hundred call they might tell me how much they like my new truck.Drop Dead Roaming

·
Registered
178 Posts
Drop dead red said:
The worst is my brother in -law and sister in- law.For two weeks they know I got her but had not seen her yet.They never asked anything about the truck.This last weekend we had a family get together.My brother in -law,sister in -law and there two children walked past the truck parked in the driveway and never look at it.When they came into the house they never said a word about it. Maybe I should move,get a new job and avoid the in -laws.Envy is a terrible thing to waste.

Drop Dead jealous
When I first read this I thought it was one of those sarcastic neener neener posts but is this an issue that seriously bothers you? That some people don't want to comment on a car you bought?

Funny, I just spent $400 on a Monte Blanc Ltd Ed. Franz Kafka Writers series pen. It was actually a father's day gift (as I tend to write quite a bit) Some people at work commented on it, how nice it was etc, the other half haven't said a word. I certainly don't care either way if people notice or comment but I would certainly not assume someone was jealous because I was signing checks with an expensive writing instrument. I would assume if anything that they just don't see beauty in everyday items like pens.

I know guys around the office have talked about getting a certain type of golf club driver or putter. Personally I'm not into golf so I would never think to ask to see it or check it out. Does that automatically mean I'm jealous because they have custom fitted clubs. I don't think so.

One of the managers got a brand new Mercedes. I"m told it was quite expensive and a top of the Benz line model. Me, I don't care for Benz'. I'm sure their great and all, but I'm an American Muscle Car guy. Does the fact that I neither commented on nor asked him to show me his new ride mean I"m jealous.

C'mon people, let's leave a little room here for the people that just aren't into the same things we are.

just my humble opinion

Coz

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
I reported some time back that I had gone to a family function and was the only Chevy truck sitting amongst 15-20 Ford trucks at any given time. The only relative showing any interest in my :ssr was a brother-in-law driving a very old Suburban...and he was going crazy waiting to drive it.

Another interesting tidbit...the guy installing new windows in the house got the entire tour of the :ssr yesterday at his request...although he thought it belonged to hubby :lol :lol :lol his comment: "I notice it only seats 2...one seat for you and one for your EGO :glol :glol :glol

Boy! Was he right on!!!

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Hmmmmm.

Drop dead red said:

Drop Dead jealous
If we need others to validate our personal choices, then how personal are they? Did you buy the truck to please yourself or to try to please (or impress)others. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Well, I have 5 brothers and we are all into cars & bikes. They got their toys, such as 3 Harleys, '70 350 Chevelle, '38 383 Chevy truck, Ford Harley 150 truck, Cosworth Vega, Miata 5 & Lexus SUV (milkman child). I rebuilt my daughter's old '73 VW bug into a nice little custom ride, my daughter & son were impressed. My son was, because he wants help with his project - a '48 Chevy 5 window truck. I had a great Jeep that I sold to by the SSR. 4 of my brothers live on the coast of Missisippi and we were going to enter the October "Cruisin' the Coast" car show as a family car club, but Katrina has altered our plans. My brothers and I enjoy our rides, but we know rides are just rides. I visit to see them. They are alive and happy. You can never win in "keep-up-with-Jones". DON' T WORRY, BE HAPPY.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
My wife hates mine, she liked it until I got flamed. She will ride in it, but REFUSES to drive it.Says it draws too much attention. Oh well, her loss :thumbs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts