Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Improved hinge

That hinge looks much better than the original. But if it is OEM you are still paying $80 for 12 year old plastic. Mike has a new on the way that is way better.

Jack

Reactions: GMC T 7500

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
yes

I don't get it? What is it for? Just to cover the terminal that is now visible or something else.
YES:> just to cover the 12 volt hot wire connection. Most all vehicles have one now?

this is the one that throw me.........SSR Chevrolet Under-Hood Positive Battery Auxiliary Terminal Box for 2003-2006 production runs
This model has a new improved piano hinge to replace the living hinge for longer durability. ............How can it be OEM when all of our trucks have the [LIVING HINGE]?

BIRD

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Part 15100963 has been superseded
15100963 is discontinued since June 1, 2009 for US market;
15100963 is discontinued since January 3, 2009 for Canada market;
15289118 was replaced with 15100963 on March 1, 2006 for US market.
It's OEM because it supersedes the 15289118 box we have.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I will wait and see what Mikes looks like and the durability of the lid hinge?????????? Ready to replace mine as the lid on mine came off and I do not like the duct tape look.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
This site is a fraud per all searches on google, no contact information, web address doesn't exist, emails bounce back as undeliverable.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I ordered one a few minutes ago using PayPal. I will let you know what happens.

Jack

Reactions: richsadams

·
SSR Believer
1,764 Posts
I was looking for one of these boxes for our R as well but I don't want to pay $75 or so that they're selling for on eBaby.

Unfortunately @drbob may be right; the site does look suspicious. The domain name (ilhamnponline.com) was registered less than two weeks ago. It appears on one blacklist (dnsbl.spfbl.net) already.

It's almost impossible to find out who owns this particular site since the registration is cloaked. They're using a CDN (content delivery network) called Cloudflare, a legitimate DNS forwarding service with servers around the world. However this makes the site appear to be U.S. based, but a quick tracert/ping shows that the actual website is hosted in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Based on what they're offering (thousands of products from every imaginable category) it's a drop-ship website. Everything listed is fed from content aggregators like Aliexpress. When orders are placed they're forwarded to and fulfilled by hundreds (thousands?) of third-party suppliers (and why the same part may be listed mulitple times for different prices). So the owners of the site don't actually have any inventory, they just process payments, take a cut of the sale and pay the thrid-party suppliers the rest before the product can be shipped.

Generally there's nothing wrong with drop-ship sites, even Amazon does that for some products. However sites like this particular one are infamous in get rich schemes (Google something like "Make a million dollars a year selling online") and often disappear as fast as the appeared. Their Privacy Statement does not include an address of any sort, many of the links (including about how to get a refund) don't work plus the other red flags @drbob highlights are more reasons to be cautious.

So I'd be very wary of ordering anything until we find out how things go for @jackatg450. Thanks for being a guinea pig for us my friend!;)

·
SSR Believer
1,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
The ad states it has a "living hinge". Does that mean you have to feed it? lol

Dave
No - no feeding required. But being a living hinge, it will die too soon.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,450 Posts
After the supercharger was installed, the cover was difficult to get to and to operate on Ilsa. It broke off once when I was trying to use it, and that's the way it has been since.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts