Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
As mentioned above, the junction box had a "living" hinge, which died some time ago. My unit had a very attractive green zip tie attaching the door to the box when I acquired it. After scraping the remnants of the hinge off of the door and the box, so the sharp edges would not cut my fingers, the installation of two small brass hinges began. Rummaging around in the spare parts boxes in my shop, two hinges with the correct leaf widths were located. It did not seem appropriate to have any metal bolts in the terminal box, nylon bolts and nuts (10-24) were located at Lowe's. Armed with these items, the door was drilled and the hinges were attached to it. When attempting to attach the hinges to the box, access was limited due to radiator hoses. The box was removed from the two studs mounted to the frame and the hinges were affixed to it. Before drilling the holes, the 12 volt terminal was wrapped with electrical tape to eliminate any possibility of contact with the drill bit. Before mounting the door, the tab facing the front of the vehicle was removed which would allow the door to rotate. The tab located away from the radiator was left in place to allow the door to be secured. The last picture shows the battery tender clamp on the terminal screw. This arrangement allows a much more practical use of the OEM terminal box door with a minimum $ outlay. Regards. Bruce G.

GreenTie.jpg Hinges.jpg HingesOut.jpeg Complete.jpg TapeRemoved.jpg WithTenderclip.jpg

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
40,445 Posts
After the supercharger was installed, the cover was difficult to get to and to operate on Ilsa. It broke off once when I was trying to use it, and that's the way it has been since.
Yeah mines boken too!! Been looking for just the lid .... no dice!!! Just left it now!! As my lid disappeared!!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I filed a request with PayPal this morning because of fraud. No communication, would not return e-mails.
Jack

21 - 25 of 25 Posts