Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
e-bay is selling a custom license billet rear frame in both polished and chrome . really nice!! maybe someone can post a picture of it. it will really accent the tailpipes with the round cut out holes for the back up lights. take a look!! it is listed on the net at mkbcustoms.com. also sell caliper covers.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Rear Plate

mr.merlin said:
e-bay is selling a custom license billet rear frame in both polished and chrome . really nice!! maybe someone can post a picture of it. it will really accent the tailpipes with the round cut out holes for the back up lights. take a look!! it is listed on the net at mkbcustoms.com. also sell caliper covers.
Here it is!

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Silver Bullet is faster!

houtex said:
Of course it would look much cooler on a Smokin' Asphalt......
Hey houtex, that isn't my SSR up there in the photo... but I have to say it looks great around silver right? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey houtex, that isn't my SSR up there in the photo... but I have to say it looks great around silver right? ;)
Kinda gets lost on the silver - you gotta have contrast.......
:cool

D

·
0 Posts
Love this thing!!!

Just got mine, ordered it a week ago. This thing is nice. I went with the chrome rather than the polished aluminum. I love this thing. I saw someone make a comment about the price, but this thing isn't mass produced sheet metal. Its actually machined out of billet aluminum and it's a thick solid piece. I haven't found anything that comes close. This defiantly isn't your AutoZone license plate frame. As much as these things cost, I couldn't bring myself to put on a $10 frame. He's making these as a small run, so I can pretty much guarantee I won't see another one of these on another SSR around here.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Free shipping

I just ordered my license plate frame and I talked to a gentleman named Gene. He said shipping was extra but after I talked to him for awhile and mentioned our forum, he said that he would include the shipping in the price. On the one they had on E-bay the shipping was $12.00 so that's a little saving. So be sure and ask for free shipping if you order one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Chrome Frame

:agree I received frame today. Wonderful craftsman and quality.

Gene, owner does superb work. As someone mentioned earlier, well beyond your typical parts store frame. Packaging and shipping was great, very quick. Highly recommend. :cool

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Went to his site...

Price of the frame is now $169. Maybe he will give "us" the original $155 if we ask. Nice looking example on the Purple Pix.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bought the chrome one but didn't like the contrast. had it powdercoated. like it better black

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
mr.merlin said:
bought the chrome one but didn't like the contrast. had it powdercoated. like it better black
I have to say that I bet that it looks sharp painted in black... :thumbs would you post a photo so we all could see how great it looks?

M

·
0 Posts
I agree with it being black. I know a black one would look awesome on my asphalt SSR. How much did it cost to get powdercoated? The asking price is pretty high too. Would love to see pictures of the black one on your ride.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
C5 the same???

I had a 98 Vette and I think the rear license area is the same on the SSR. Does anyone know for sure? I know the rear view mirriors are the same. If it is, there are a lot of Corvette catalogs that sell paintable and chromed rear license plate covers like this one. A lot cheaper too. They have louvered and plain that I have seen.
Dave

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
They are the same as the Covette. I tryed the one of my C5 and it fits perfertly.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
DavesSSR said:
I had a 98 Vette and I think the rear license area is the same on the SSR. Does anyone know for sure? I know the rear view mirriors are the same.
Dave
HI Dave,

Yes the rear of the SSR is the same as a C5 Vettes and the mirrors are the same... however I have heard that the mirror support brackets are different angles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts