Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR counterpart - SS concept

I found these pics last night and thought I'd share. These are of the 2003 Chevy SS concept car. :yesnod I bet Chevy would sell a few if they released a few in Limited numbers like the Ford GT40.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 118.2 KB Views: 275
  • 149.5 KB Views: 226
  • 131.7 KB Views: 213
  • 168 KB Views: 193
  • 148.6 KB Views: 222

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Article in Motor Trend

I saw this car being tested as a concept car in a cover story article about a year ago. While the car is a screamer, the indications from GM were that is wasn't going to be the new Camaro, but more of a updated version of the larger size, family SS sedans from the mid 60's, Impala's, Belairs and Malibu's. It has a rear hinged back passenger door for access to the rear seats, but is a full out rear drive small block burner. The message was that Chevy is out to recapture their role as a builder of affordable, innovative high performance cars, and the relaunch of the SS Brand. :cool

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey George,

Do you think that might be the next Camaro?
God I hope not.... The new camaro needs to be a retro look car fromthe 60's like I have seen here on the net..

See photos below..If they make it like this I will buy one! Or 2!

Attachments

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
68 Ss 350

Mine was a 68, I sold it for $850 in in 75 when my first child was on the way & felt lucky to get it, my how things change.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't like it

Saw it at the San Francisco auto show last year. just don't like it. It's all well and good that the design studio is working on cars like this, but lets get real. This car is not for everybody. Just Like the SSR is not for everybody. You can't take back market share, when you market to 20-30,000 people. We need to get innovative with mechanical features, not body style. We have a hybrid truck thats a joke. We need real hybrids, 6 speed transmissions, go back to 3.73 rear axles, etc.
(Got to get off this soap box). :cuss
Mike :cool

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would buy that ralley green looking 69 camero in a heartbeat. Sold my 69 SS 396 4 gear with RS equipment for $1,800 back in 72, had to go defend the country.:yawn :cuss :cuss :cuss
Ted :seeya

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marc NY said:
Hey George,

Do you think that might be the next Camaro?
It does look camaro like now that you mention it......It could maybe be a camaro/ssr influenced design.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Look Too Good

Sorry, Those look too good. Chevy will have nothing to do with it! :lol :reddevil

Long Live the MALIBU! :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ECurtis said:
Sorry, Those look too good. Chevy will have nothing to do with it! :lol :reddevil

Long Live the MALIBU! :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
I wish some of the CEO's of the head car companys would have the ----- to take a chance on some of these concept cars. Alot of them look darn good.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
George said:
I wish some of the CEO's of the head car companys would have the ----- to take a chance on some of these concept cars. Alot of them look darn good.
At least GM took the chance with the SSR!!! Never did I think I'd see a SSR built after I saw the early drawings. I'd said way back then - if they build this truck - I'll get one - and I did!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
kwhopper89 said:
At least GM took the chance with the SSR!!! Never did I think I'd see a SSR built after I saw the early drawings. I'd said way back then - if they build this truck - I'll get one - and I did!!!
Me neither. I never thought it would make it to the production line. One of the rare instances- ;) heh heh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts